SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Creating A Fact Sheet
For the final assignment for the Coronavirus in California Project, you will be creating a fact sheet based on your research from the COVID-19 Comorbidities and the Vulnerable Communities and COVID-19 discussion posts.
The idea behind creating a fact sheet is to inform the general public about an issue. Specifically, your target audience will be the residents of the city that you identified as being particularly vulnerable to complications from COVID-19. You should assume that your audience will have a limited scientific background. You will be writing from the perspective of your medical specialty, but your goal is to make the science that you researched understandable to a general audience, while including the sources from your background research.
While your final fact sheet will contain graphics, this assignment is just asking you to submit the text and your graph. As you are writing each section of your fact sheet, please use third person (no I/we) and think about consider how the elements fit together to create a fact sheet with good flow — it should proceed logically. Address each of the prompts below:
- An overview
- In a brief paragraph, discuss the coronavirus comorbidity that you focused on in your medical specialist role and the physiology of this health condition. Explain what is known about why this comorbidity contributes to more severe COVID-19 outcomes.
- This paragraph can be very similar to what you wrote for your first post of Vulnerable Communities and COVID-19.
- A bullet point list of key facts, including:
- The current COVID-19 case rate in your focal community. Use the County of Los Angeles Public Health website (Links to an external site.) to find the most up-to-date numbers. (Click on ‘Table: Community Case/Death’ in the menu to see statistics by community. Rates are per 100,000 population.)
- The % of adults in your focal city that exhibit the comorbidity.
- The risk factors of this health condition, including relevant statistics for your focal city. (Refer back to Vulnerable Communities and COVID-19 if necessary.)
- A bar graph
- Create a bar graph comparing the prevalence of your chosen comorbidity in your focal city to three other communities. (Use the data provided in COVID-19 Comorbidities.)
- Be sure to properly label the x- and y-axes!
- A summary
- This can be written as either a few bullet points or a short paragraph.
- Summarize what residents in your focal city should know about coronavirus and the focal comorbidity.
- What steps that can be taken to prevent the comorbidity and reduce the risk of contracting coronavirus?
- References cited
- Remember to cite all information sources fully, including in-text citations and a properly formatted reference list at the end, for full credit. Please make sure that your sources are credible and that you properly cite all sources.
- You can use any citation style you would like (MLA, APA, etc.). Here is PCC’s guide to APA style.
Submit this assignment as a pdf.
This assignment will be graded complete/incomplete. The content itself will be graded as it appears in your final fact sheet. The rubric attached to this assignment is to help guide your peer review.
Upon completion of this assignment, you will be assigned two peer reviews to complete. This is an opportunity for you to see what others have been working on and for everyone to receive constructive feedback on their fact sheet before submitting the final version next week. Please review the assignment directions and the rubric first and then give written comments to your peers. Choose at least two of the prompts below to formulate your comments for each of your peers.
- What are two things you think they communicated in their fact sheet really well?
- What is one place they used a source or the data in their fact sheet that worked really well?
- What is one place they might be able to strengthen their fact sheet by making better or different use of a source or the data?
- Make one or two general suggestions for how they could strengthen their fact sheet. This could be to add material, reorganize a paragraph or sentence, clarify language, or make any other changes to increase clarity.
- Suggest corrections to any grammatical issues in the text or formatting issues with the graph.
- How do I upload a file as an assignment submission in Canvas?
- How do I know if a source is credible?
- How do I know if I have a peer review assignment to complete? (Links to an external site.)
- How do I submit a peer review to an assignment? (Links to an external site.)
- Where can I find my peers’ feedback for peer reviewed assignments? (Links to an external site.)
Fact Sheet Rubric – Text and Graph Only (1)
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeScience Content
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeUse of Sources and Data
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeGraph
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeSpelling and Grammar