SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
In Module Five, you read about theories of motivation. A related concept, procrastination, involves putting off a task that you know you need to do but have a difficult time getting motivated to do. You watch a humorous video about procrastination that causes you to wonder what psychologists might say about it. You consider how procrastination might influence your efforts toward achieving goals. You also recall a friend who struggles with procrastination and believe that you can help this person to reframe procrastination in a more adaptive way to build resilience. In your journal entry, you organize your thoughts to share some words of encouragement with your friend. This milestone will prepare you to complete Project Two at the end of Module Seven, in which you’ll relate coping, grit, personality, and motivation to achieving one of your own major goals.
The following resource supports your work on the milestone:
Video: Inside the Mind of a Master Procrastinator
- This video is the basis for your journal entry.
Watch the video Inside the Mind of a Master Procrastinator and gather your thoughts before talking with your friend in a journal entry that addresses each of the required elements. Answer each question with a minimum of 2 to 4 sentences.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
Summarize the key takeaways from the video. Address the following in your response:
- According to the speaker, how does procrastination work? (See the video at minutes 4:00–10:00.)
- How does the speaker suggest addressing procrastination? (See the video at minutes 13:03–13:42.)
Examine the connections between procrastination, coping, and motivation. Think about the self-assessments that you completed in Modules Four and Five. Then address the following in your response:
- In what ways is procrastination a negative form of coping? In what ways is it a positive form of coping?
- How might being intrinsically or extrinsically motivated relate to procrastination?
Explore your knowledge about procrastination to help a friend build resilience. Consider a friend who struggles with procrastination. Then share advice that you would give to this friend about how to view procrastination in another light by addressing the following in your response:
- When might procrastination be considered a good thing?
- According to the speaker, how can our inner rational decision maker and instant gratification seeker coexist?
- How do you think we can reframe procrastination in a more adaptive way to promote resilience?
Guidelines for Submission
You will use your Soomo webtext writing template to complete the milestone and download your completed journal entry. Sources should be cited according to APA style.