SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
The purpose of this assignment is to identify an organization that is appropriate to carry out the Public Health Action Plan that you are in the process of developing. To accomplish this purpose, begin by visiting the Mission Statement, Goals, and Objectives discussion to examine the alignment of the stated mission, goals, and objectives of several public health organizations.
Research and Analysis
For this assignment, choose two public health organizations in the United States that you think might be the best choices to carry out your plan. Focus your efforts on the organizations—their structures, operations, and resources. Analyze the information available on their Web sites, government Web sites, and other sources you have investigated in the course to try to get a sense of their levels of success. Consider the specific public health issue identified in your Problem Statement from the Unit 3 assignment, and try to get a sense of how each organization might be prepared to address it. Finally, come to a conclusion as to which organization is logically the best choice for taking the lead on the issue that your action plan addresses.
Once you have done your research and analysis, write a 4 page paper that compares the two organizations and explains your choice. Structure your paper according to this outline:
- Introduction. Briefly explain the purpose of your paper and the issue that your action plan will address, along with a brief, 1- to 2-sentence description of the two organizations in the U.S. that you have analyzed.
- Research and Analysis. Summarize what you learned about each organization in relation to the following questions, citing the sources of your information:
- What is the general type and category of each organization (public, private, for-profit, not-for profit) and its ownership?
- How is the organization funded? How large is it, in terms of budget, staff, and community served? To what extent is it able to consider new initiatives?
- How is the organization structured? If it is part of a larger organization or group of organizations, describe the relationship involved. To what extent is it free consider new, or local initiatives?
- What do you see as the greatest strengths of each organization, in terms of capabilities, resources, leadership, or programs? What examples can you cite in which those strengths support organizational goals?
- What do you see as each organization’s limitations in relation to the public health issue you plan to address? Explain how public health management principles impact each organization’s ability to consider or carry out new or local initiatives.
- Conclusion. Explain the decision you have made as to which organization is the best choice for taking the lead on the issue that your action plan addresses.
- References. Provide an APA-formatted listing of all of the resources (scholarly&reviewed) you used to complete your research and analysis.
Organizational Investigation Scoring Guide: Distinguish Level
- Analyzes the financial resources of public health organizations, explaining implications for the capabilities of the organizations involved.
- Analyzes the organizational structure of public health organizations, explaining implications for the capabilities of the organizations involved.
- Evaluates organizational strengths of public health organizations, providing examples of how those strengths can support organizational goals.
- Describes organizational limitations of public health organizations, providing examples of how those limitations might impact organizational goals.
- Applies the principles of public management and administration to identify a specific public health organization best able to address an identified public health concern, explaining the specific reasons for the decision.
- Demonstrates graduate academic writing skills, including citing and referencing credible sources in APA formatting.