Option #2: Impact of Emotions on Decision Making
This module focuses on the impact that emotional intelligence has on decision making. Additionally, the module highlights biases in decision making, as well as emotional influences on decision making.
Your goal for this assignment is to develop a plan to increase motivation, satisfaction, and performance in the workplace through the use of foundational principles associated with emotional intelligence. You must highlight the key elements of emotional intelligence that increase follower motivation and performance. Also, describe the potential biases that could impact leadership decision making and make recommendations to overcome the leadership biases. Address the following in your paper/plan:
- Provide a brief summary of the attributes associated with EQ.
- Describe how you would embody each of those attributes.
- Develop a means for employing the plan to increase motivation, satisfaction, and performance in the workplace.
- Share specifics on the potential advantages and disadvantages of your plan.
- Your paper should be 4-5 pages in length, not counting the required title and references pages.
- Format your paper according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA (Links to an external site.).
- Cite a minimum of six scholarly sources to support your positions, claims, and observations, in addition to the textbook, four of which should be academic, peer-reviewed sources. (You may not use the required and recommended readings for this course.)