Neurological Structures and Functions Worksheet
Answer each of the following questions in at least 30 to 45 words each.
- Describe the functional and anatomic differences between rods and cones.
- Describe the trichromatic and opponent-process theories of color vision.
- Trace the process of interpreting auditory information from the stimulus to the interpretation.
- Name and describe the major structures of the middle ear.
- Describe the factors that contribute to sound localization.
- What is the function of the somatosensory system?
- Name and describe the parts of the brain involved in the chemical sense of taste.
- Describe the areas and major functions of the primary motor cortex.
- Describe Parkinson’s disease and Huntington’s disease.
- Describe and differentiate between the structures and functions of the central and peripheral nervous systems.