Begin by reading:
Stuhlmacher, A., & Adair, B. (2014). Chapter 10: Personality and negotiation. In Benoliel, M. (Ed.), Negotiation excellence: Successful deal making. 2nd. Ed. Hackensack, NJ: World Scientific Publishing Company. [EBSCO eBook Collection]
After reading this assignment, prepare a 3- to 4-page paper in which you discuss the extent to which you agree that being prepared to interact empathically and congenially and to apply the concept of mutuality with those at the negotiating table is key to preparing for success in any negotiations.
Explain your reasoning, give some examples and offer some theoretical support from your readings. Draw on the background readings and search in the Trident Online Library to find some papers/articles to support your argument and show them in the reference list.
Upload your assignment to the Case 1 Dropbox. Be sure to review your TurnItIn Originality report. If the score is over 20%, you may not be writing in your own words, and you will need to contact your professor and arrange to revise and resubmit your assignment.
The Case papers in this course will be evaluated using the criteria as stated in the Case rubric. The following is a review of the rubric criteria:
- Assignment Requirements: Does the paper directly address all aspects of the assignment? Have the assignment instructions been followed closely?
- Critical Thinking: Does the paper demonstrate a collegelevel of analysis, in which information derived from multiple sources has been critically evaluated and synthesized in the formulation of a logical set of conclusions? Does the submission demonstrate that the student has read and understood the background materials for the module and can apply them to the assignment?
- Writing and Assignment Organization: Is the essay logical, well organized, and well written? Are the grammar, spelling, and vocabulary appropriate for college-level work? Are section headings included? Are paraphrasing and synthesis of concepts the primary means of responding, or is justification/support instead conveyed through excessive use of direct quotations?
- Use of Sources and Mechanics: Does the submission demonstrate that the student has read and understood the background materials for the module and can apply them to the assignment? If required, has the student demonstrated effective research, as evidenced by student’s use of relevant and quality sources? Does the student demonstrate understanding of a consistent (e.g., APA) style of referencing, by inclusion of proper citations (for paraphrased text and direct quotations) as appropriate? Are appropriate sources from the background material included? Have all sources cited in the paper been included on the Reference page?
- Timeliness: Has the assignment been submitted to TLC (Trident’s learning management system) on or before the module’s due date?