Module 2 Discussion (Due in next 5 hours)
For this discussion, pick an archaeological site that you will analyze for the final Term Paper (due at end of semester), and submit it, as well as a tentative thesis statement to this discussion for approval. The purpose of this discussion is to begin the process of writing your Term Paper.
- Investigate, choose, and then present a topic of interest within the discussion to be approved for a term paper.
- Define a thesis statement that represents your argument on your topic of interest. Think of it as the how and why pertaining to your topic.
- A minimum of three paragraphs clearly stating the topic and its significance
- Relevant information should be included to support the topic and thesis; the scope and content should be appropriate as well.
Module 3 Discussion (Due on July 1st midnight)
For this discussion, prepare a list of references for your term paper research topic. You want to have at least five acceptable sources in correct APA format and at least two comments to peers on their references chosen for their Term Papers.
- The references list submitted should include at least 5 sources (2 primary, a scholarly journal article, an appropriate secondary article, and 1 additional appropriate source) and all dated within the last 10 years.
- This should be presented in correct APA format.
Module 4 Discussion (Due on July 1st midnight)
For this discussion, construct an outline for the final research paper consisting of an opening paragraph and identifying the basis for supporting paragraphs.
- The outline should contain the major points of the paper clearly stated and relate directly to the thesis statement.
- The argument should be very clear and logical and the organization of ideas should be very effective.
- The supporting examples/details should be clear, well chosen, and properly cited in correct APA format.
- Be sure to show in-depth understanding of the topic.
Essay #1 (Due on July 3rd)
For this assignment, submit a short paper thoroughly addressing the assignment topic to the appropriate folder. The purpose of this assignment is to acquaint you with the different theories and methods archaeologists employ when researching.
Write a 5 page APA formatted essay (not including the title page and reference page) addressing the following:
- Choose one theory and one method archaeologists use
- Discuss the archaeologist that implemented your theory
- Discuss the archaeologist that implemented your method
- Explain how that theory and method is used by archaeologists when excavating or surveying
- Provide a critique of your theory and method.
- Are they useful?
- What ways can they be improved?
Include citations and references as support.
Essay#2 (Due on July 3rd)
For this assignment, submit a minimum five-page research term paper using the initial information from the Research Topic, References, and Outline Assignments from Modules 2, 3, and 4 Discussions.
Your research should include the following elements:
- Discuss the social, political, and economic organizations of your chosen site
- Does your site/culture have a written language? Discuss the form of communication
- What are the belief systems of your site/culture?
- Describe specific artifacts or ecofacts associated with your site/culture
- Conclude with your analysis, based on your archaeological evidence, of why and how this culture rose and fell.
- The body of the paper should be at least five pages long, double-spaced, 12pt. Times New Roman font.
- Include a Title page and a References page with in-text citations where appropriate.
- Follow APA formatting rules. The Purdue Owl website offers helpful information about formatting in APA.