SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Assignment: Change Management Proposal
Since the health care environment is constantly changing and transforming, the ability to manage and adapt to change is essential in health care organizations. Change, whether prompted internally or externally or perceived positively or negatively, can be unsettling, making it crucial that health care administrators understand the change process. From implementation planning to effectively communicating with employees and managing conflicts, administrators must be prepared to manage change within their organizations. For this Assignment, you examine an organization undergoing change and develop a change management proposal.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources.
- Locate and select an organization where change is currently taking place (or is scheduled to take place).
- Analyze the organization to develop a change management proposal.
In a 7- to 10-page proposal, address the following:
- Describe the specific organization including size, mission, and location. Describe the change that is taking place (or is scheduled to take place) in the organization.
- Analyze what is driving the change to take place.
- Given the parameters of the change, summarize the resistance or conflict you might expect and why.
- Evaluate change management theories and models and select one to apply to the change occurring in the organization. Support why you selected this theory or model.
- Apply systems thinking to address the impact of the change throughout the organization.
- Recommend strategies and innovations that could be implemented to effect the organizational change and provide rationale for the recommendations.
- Explain the role that communication will play in your plan. Analyze how communication could be used to handle concerns and doubts of stakeholders.
- Recommend strategies you will use to motivate stakeholders and prepare them to accept, embrace, and sustain the change. Categorize key groups that you anticipate will require targeted motivation strategies.
- Recommend training and support required for the successful implementation of the organizational change.
- Recommend strategies for sustaining an organizational change.
- Explain how stakeholders are involved in and held accountable for the organizational change.
- Recommend ways to measure the success of the organizational change and when transformational change has occurred.
Borkowski, N. (2016). Organizational behavior, theory, and design in health care (2nd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett.
- Chapter 4, “Workplace Communication”
- Chapter 13, “Decision Making”
- Chapter 14, “Conflict Management and Negotiation Skills”
- Chapter 18, “Organization Development”
- Chapter 19, “Managing Resistance to Change”