- What is a particle accelerator?
How do scientists use particle accelerators to study subatomic particles?
- What particle is exchanged to generate each of the four fundamental forces?
- What medical technologies (e.g. PET) rely on the physics of elementary particles?
What are the benefits of noninvasive procedures such as PET?
- How is astronomy the oldest science?
- How does the energy produced at the core of the Sun reach the photosphere?
- Why wonâ€™t the Sun become a supernova or black hole?
- Why does the existence of the cosmic redshift lead to the big bang picture of the universe?
- If a galaxy is 1,000 Mpc away, how fast is it receding from us?
- The average temperature of the universe is 2.7 Kelvin. What is that temperature in degrees Fahrenheit?
- The Milky Way has a radius of approximately 100,000 light years. How many miles is that? How long would it take you to travel across our galaxy if you were traveling at 50% the speed of light (be sure to show your work for full credit)?