Please use this book: Excellence in Business Communication 11th edition Courtland L. BovÃƒÂ©e; John V. Thill
# 1: Planning reports and proposals
Let’s consider the “Yardstick Approach” (p. 350).
Before you decided to acquire the new business, you prepared an (imaginary) analytical report comparing two potential acquisitions.
Answer the following questions in one or two sentences about how you might have prepared for this report. Keep it simple, be creative.
- Why were you looking to acquire another business?
- What industry or economic trends did you consider?
- What 2 companies were you evaluating as possible acquisitions?
- What criteria did you use to evaluate (and compare) your potential acquisitions? (Make a list – this is the yardstick)
- Make a recommendation, using the 5 steps on pp. 350.
# 2: Incorporating visuals
Referring back to your imaginary analytical reports on # 1, what types of visuals did you use in this document?
See Figure 12.6. Pick at leastone choice from the data visuals and one from the info/concepts/ideas visuals.
Why did you choose these and what did they illustrate? Please put some detail into your answers.