SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Licensure and Certification
Live in State of Ohio
For this assignment, complete the following:
- It is important that you are familiar with the different terms used for the practice of counseling in your state. For example, most mental health counselors obtain licenses; school counselors may be licensed or credentialed—depending on the state. Some states maintain different levels of practice for addiction counselors, including certificates, credentials, and licenses. To begin this assignment, please clearly define these three terms in your own words: license, credential, and certificate.
- Next, review again the state laws and regulations relating to the practice of counseling for your specialization. Within these regulations, locate the specific areas relating to:
- Internship requirements (this may include the fieldwork internship you complete during your degree program as well as any post-degree internship hours that you may need to collect).
- Supervision (who can function as a supervisor in your state and what are the requirements for being a supervisor).
- Licensing/certification (requirements and application process).
- Continuing education requirements for licensed/credentialed counselors (how many hours will you need and how often).
- Information about the grounds for suspension or revocation of a license (list 3 specific things that can get you into trouble in your state).
- As you discuss and summarize your state laws and regulations relating to these five areas of practice, please be sure include the specific legal codes. For example: the Ohio Revised Code (ORC) #4757-13 discusses the licensing of counselors. Your discussion should be written in your own words. We want to see that you understand these concepts well and can articulate them clearly on your own. In the last part of this section, articulate how these laws impact the licensing process and counseling professionals in general.
- Lastly, locate an article in a peer-reviewed, professional journal that discusses one of these areas of licensure/certification. In your own words, provide a brief description of the article and its relevance to your future work as a licensed professional.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Develop accurate written communication and thoughts that convey the overall goals of the assignment and do not detract from the overall message. Your paper should demonstrate graduate-level writing skills.
- References: Your reference list must include APA-approved links to state resources, and at least two peer-reviewed sources. You must use APA sixth edition style to list your references. Refer to the iGuide page APA Style and Format for more information.
- Number of pages: The length of your paper should be 2–3 double-spaced pages. Note: Page count does not include cover page or references.
- Formatting: Use APA sixth edition formatting, including correct in-text citations, proper punctuation, double-spacing throughout, proper headings and subheadings, no skipped lines before headings and subheadings, proper paragraph and block indentation, no bolding, and no bullets. Refer to the iGuide page APA Style and Format for more information.
You are required to submit your final version of this paper to Turnitin to generate a final report prior to submitting the assignment for grading. From the Turnitin tool, use the Final report option for the assignment. When your paper is downloaded and viewable in Turnitin, save the originality report. Refer to the Turnitin Tutorial: Viewing Originality Reports (linked in the resources) for guidance.
Submit the following:
- Your paper saved Turnitin Originality Report file. The Turnitin Originality Report must accompany your paper or your assignment will not be graded. Your assignment will be considered late until the report is provided.
- Your assignment.