SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Leadership and Decision Making
Competencies Addressed in This Assignment
- Competency 2: Apply decision-making and leadership skills in a police administration environment.
- Competency 3: Analyze the culture of police organizations from a leadership perspective.
- Competency 5: Apply ethical behavior to social control concepts.
- Competency 6: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
Leadership is the process of influencing organizational members to use their energies willingly and to appropriately facilitate the achievement of the police department’s goals. Anthony Downs described four types of leader behavior in bureaucratic structures: 1) climbers, 2) conservers, 3) zealots, and 4) advocates (Swanson, Territo, & Taylor, 2017). Climbers are strongly motivated by power and prestige needs to invent new functions to be performed by their units. Conservers exhibit bias toward maintaining things under their control. Zealots have narrow interests that focus almost entirely on them. Advocates promote everything under their control (Swanson, Territo, & Taylor, 2017).Review the Leadership and Decision Making media from this unit’s studies.
From the perspective of a law enforcement officer, prepare a three-page paper, citing a minimum of one case on point and two academically verified references. In your paper:
- Analyze the leadership style demonstrated by the lone union member.
- Explain the leadership style of the union executive board members.
- Lay out the leadership style you would use in reacting in this situation, with reasoning.
- Explore whether there would be any repercussions for your chosen leadership style.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Must be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Resources and citations: Format according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Length of paper: Three typed, double-spaced pages, not including the title page or the references page.
- References: A minimum of three references. (If you create a hypothetical case, references will not be necessary.)
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
You are required to submit your paper to Turnitin. Once you review your results and make any needed changes, submit your paper for grading.Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.
Swanson, C. R., Territo, L., & Taylor, R. W. (2017). Police administration: Structures, processes, and behavior (9th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
- Leadership and Decision Making Scoring Guide.
- APA Style and Format.
- Capella Online Writing Center.
- Community of Excellence.
- Criminal Justice Undergraduate Research Guide.
- Smarthinking Tutoring.
- Submit an Assignment.
- Writing Feedback Tool.
- APA Template.
- Leadership and Decision Making | Transcript.