Integrated Marketing Communications is a simple concept. It ensures that all forms of communications and messages are carefully linked together.
At its most basic level, Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) means integrating all the promotional tools, so that they work together in harmony.
Promotion is one of the Ps in the marketing mix. Promotions has its own mix of communications tools.
All of these communications tools work better if they work together in harmony rather than in isolation. Their sum is greater than their parts – providing they speak consistently with one voice all the time, every time.
Although Integrated Marketing Communications requires a lot of effort it delivers many benefits. It can create competitive advantage, boost sales and profits, while saving money, time and stress.
IMC wraps communications around customers and helps them move through the various stages of the buying process. The organization simultaneously consolidates its image, develops a dialogue and nurtures its relationship with customers.
Un-integrated communications send disjointed messages which dilute the impact of the message. This may also confuse, frustrate and arouse anxiety in customers.
For this assignment, watch the following video on Prioritizing Marketing Communications:
Pick a company and research three marketing promotions for the same product or service for this company.
Include the following in your paper:
- Name of the company
- A description of what the organization is selling or promoting in the marketing promotion
- Explain each of the three marketing promotions:
- For each marketing promotion, what was the promotional strategy (Commercial, radio commercial, billboard, a flyer, mail, email, YouTube video, magazine article, etc.)?
- Do each of the marketing promotions seem to be marketing to the same target market? Please explain your yes or no response.
- Do all three of the marketing promotions have an integrated (consistent) message? Please explain your yes or no response.
The paper should be in APA or MLA format and should be at least two double-spaced pages. Use paragraph headings for each of the assessment questions and marketing promotions.