SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
In a knowledge-based economy, we have access to unprecedented levels of data from all over the world. Numerous databases are gathering information on a wide range of topics including public safety, res
In a knowledge-based economy, we have access to unprecedented levels of data from all over the world. Numerous databases are gathering information on a wide range of topics including public safety, resource usage, employment trends, economic growth, and civic engagement, to name a few. When properly analyzed, this data can be used to solve important urban problems before they begin.
For this assignment, you will explore a collection of civic and community-focused databases, select one to review, and submit your responses to a series of questions in a Word document.
1. Follow this link to view the 200+ civic databases compiled by the Harvard Kennedy School:
DATA-SMART CITY SOLUTIONS (Links to an external site.)
2. Pick a data project that interests you, delve into the information gathered there, and submit your responses to the following prompts:
- Which data project did you select and why?
- In your own words, describe what kind of information is being tracked by this database and its objective.
- How is the information gathered (i.e. crowdsourcing, sensors/monitors, etc.) and how would you rate the reliability and or accuracy of that data?
- What questions are they trying to answer with this data?
- What kinds of projects could leaders use this information to create or advance?
Please make sure that you provide a detailed response to each of the above five prompts. As always, please proofread for spelling, grammar and mechanics.