SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Option #1 – Print/Internet News Analysis
Print/Internet News Analysis
The purpose of this project is to sharpen your critical thinking approach to political or international news. Over a period of three days, review three print/internet news mediums such as the New York Times, USA Today, and the Wall Street Journal [actual newspapers or websites may be used].
In a 1,000-1,200 word analysis, compare/contrast three websites/newspapers, and provide a description of the news outlet with a brief summary/background of it, analyze the information gathered, include an interpretation[s] of each different analysis, and evaluate your analysis of the news outlet [specific questions on this are noted below in the outline].
Responses to the following outline of questions noted below may be used as a guideline for compiling and presenting your analysis which will be evaluated based on substance and development of your ideas including specific details and relevant examples in your discussion ~ please feel free to copy/paste the outline, and respond to the different components within a Word document.
Count the total number of political/international news stories in each paper.
- Which parties/countries are covered?
- What are the issues focused on or subjects of these stories?
Discuss some of the patterns which have emerged.
- What parties/countries get the most attention?
- What kinds of stories appear most frequently?
- What kind of issues or events makes another party/country newsworthy?
- What stories appear in all three publications, and which stories only appear in one or two?
Write a critical interpretation of your findings using the questions below as a guideline.
- What does your analysis mean?
- Why do some parties/countries appear more frequently than others?
- Why do certain kinds of stories seem to get featured?
Discuss the limitations of your study.
- Which website seemed to do the best job of covering the political/international news and why?
- Do you think websites give us enough information about political/international news?
- Did you recognize any significant political or cultural bias?
- Does there appear to be any inconsistencies or inaccuries in any of the media agencies?