Case studies are an important learning strategy in business classes as they provide an opportunity for you to critically analyze events that have taken place in real-life businesses. This develops your critical thinking and research skills as you research the competition and industry in which your business resides with an end goal of formulating a recommendation for the challenges faced by the company.
Evaluate the case of your choice, and respond to each of the questions below using both theory and practical managerial thinking as well as supporting research.
Option 2: Amazon.com (pp. 522–523) Please answer all 4 questions
- With respect to the distribution, why has Amazon succeeded when so many other companies have failed?
- From a theoretical standpoint, what is Amazon’s pricing model? Why is this so effective? How does this compare to their competitors?
- Discuss how Amazon has used differentiation and positioning as two key components in maintaining a competitive advantage.
- Thinking about the changes in the macro and micro environment, what is next for Amazon? Where else can it grow?
- In formatting your case analysis, do not use the question-and-answer format; instead, use an essay format with subheadings. Your APA-formatted case study should be a minimum of 500 words in length (not counting the title and reference pages). You are required to use a minimum of three peer-reviewed, academic sources that are no more than 5 years old (one may be your textbook). All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased material must have accompanying in-text citations.
- Textbook: Kotler, P., & Keller, K. L. (2016). Marketing management (15th ed.) [VitalSource Bookshelf version]. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson. Retrieved from https://online.vitalsource.com/#/books/9781323591512