SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Discuss the following questions/topics using the textbook(Gaughan, M&As, 7 ed) and additional research. Your answers must include 2 sources other than the textbook, 1 biblical integration, and be in current APA format, a title page and abstract are not required.
Why were hedge funds developed? What role do they play in the market today?
- The topic of hedge funds is addressed in chapter-7, beginning on page 279. Activist hedge funds begins on page on page 282.
What were some of the reasons for corporate de-leveraging despite the low Federal Reserve rates? ***QUESTION 2 is WAIVED.***
- The “Corporate De-levering and Cash Balances” section is addressed on pages 295 to 296. You may want to address the benefits of leverage and de-leverage regarding M&A activity.
What created the change in the activist acquisition targets?
- The “Changing Nature of the Targets of Activists” is addressed on page 283. “Activist Campaigns for Board Seats” is addressed on page 284. “Activist Hedge Funds and Shareholder Wealth Effects” is addressed on page 290 of the text.
Why is Jeff Smith known as one of the most aggressive activists? What was the result of his actions?
- Jeff Smith is addressed beginning on page 296 regarding Starboard Value, and continued on pages 298-300. You may want to research Starboard Value further online to support your written analysis.
What is the difference between a leveraged buyout and a going-private transaction?
- “Going-Private Transactions and Leveraged Buyouts” are addressed in chapter-8, which begins on page 305.
How have the trends in leveraged buyouts changed since their origination in the 1980’s?
- The trends of the 1970’s, 1980’s to 2000’s are addressed on pages 307 to 310.
RJR Nabisco is ranked as one of the largest leveraged buyouts; discuss another recent leveraged buyout. How does this LBO differ from what happened at Nabisco?
- Please read the case regarding RJR Nabisco begins on page 311.
Discuss some of the potential conflicts of interest that take place in a management buyout.
- The topic of “Management Buyouts” are addressed from pages 314 to 317. Conflicts of interest are addressed at the bottom of page 318.
How does debt have a lower cost than equity? How does this impact the company’s tax position?
Please address the tax benefits of debt addressed on page 325. You may want to address the optimal capital structure of the firm regarding the Weighted-Average-Cost-of-Capital and valuation. You may want to address Modigliani & Miller.
- Please address the tax benefits of debt addressed on page 325. You may want to address the optimal capital structure of the firm regarding the Weighted-Average-Cost-of-Capital and valuation. You may want to address Modigliani & Miller.
List at least two ways of financing a leveraged buyout. Which method would you choose if you were brokering the LBO?
- The topic of financing a leveraged buyout begins on page 328. The topics of senior debt, other senior debt revolving credit, asset-based lending, term loans, subordinated debt, high-yield bonds, bridge loans, and vertical strips are addressed from pages 329-331.
Please note that the level of effort and analysis will determine your score earned on the homework-2 assignment.
Please make sure to include references in addition to the text, and be careful not to plagiarize. Plagiarized work will automatically earn zero credit. Please limit the excessive use of quotations. A series or a block of quotes may not earn you full credit on the question.
Make sure to provide your own opinions, commentary and analysis for each of the questions. A brief paragraph may not earn you full credit on the assignment. Each question should at least be over a half page to a full page of original written analysis.
Please review the rubric comments from the homework-1 assignment for any future adjustments needed toward the construction of the homework-2 assignment.
A good format is to state what the text say about the topic, what an Internet reference states on the topic, and then provide your opinion on what you have learned about the topic. You may integrate scriptures when you deem appropriate/applicable.
Please make sure to provide your opinions on what you have learned on each of the topics.
HOMEWORK 2 Discuss the following questions/topics using the textbook(Gaughan, M&As, 7 ed) and additional research. Your answers must include 2 sources other than the textbook, 1 biblical integrat
Criteria Ratings Points Questions: Application 40 to >29.0 pts Advanced All key components of the homework questions were fully addressed. 29 to >10.0 pts Proficient All key components of the homework questions were adequately addressed, but needed further written analysis and commentary. 10 to >0.0 pts Developing Some of the questions were addressed. Not all of the key components of the homework questions were not addressed. 0 pts Not Present 40 pts Biblical Scripture: Application 10 to >7.0 pts Advanced A discussion of scripture was significantly provided. 7 to >3.0 pts Proficient A discussion of scripture was adequately provided. 3 to >0.0 pts Developing A discussion of scripture was insufficiently provided. 0 pts Not Present 10 pts Organizational Application 10 to >7.0 pts Advanced There was a clear, organized, and logical flow to the question responses. Questions were clearly labelled and presented. 7 to >3.0 pts Proficient There was a moderately clear, organized, and logical flow to the question responses. Questions were moderately labelled and presented. 3 to >0.0 pts Developing There was an unclear, unorganized, and non-logical flow to the question responses. Questions were not labelled and/or provided in an orderly manner. 0 pts Not Present 10 pts References 8 to >4.0 pts Advanced Up to 8 references were cited in addition to the text. 4 to >2.0 pts Proficient Up to 4 reference were cited in addition to the text. 2 to >0.0 pts Developing Up to 2 references were cited or no references were provided. 0 pts Not Present 8 pts Grammar and Spelling, Current APA Formatting 7 to >4.0 pts Advanced Spelling and grammar are correct. Sentences are complete, clear, and concise. Paragraphs contain appropriately varied sentence structures. Where applicable, references are cited in current APA format. 4 to >2.0 pts Proficient Some spelling and grammar errors are present. Sentences are presented well. Paragraphs contain some varied sentence structures. Where applicable, references are cited with some current APA formatting. 2 to >0.0 pts Developing Spelling and grammar errors distract. Sentences are incomplete or unclear. Paragraphs are poorly formed. Where applicable, references are minimally or not cited in current APA format. 0 pts Not Present 7 pts Homework: Hostile Takeovers & LBOs Grading Rubric | BUSI536_B02_202140 Criteria Ratings Points Total Points: 75 Homework: Hostile Takeovers & LBOs Grading Rubric | BUSI536_B02_202140