SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
- Select a movie or TV show that effectively communicates the cultural, values and norms of a society that is different from your own culture. Ideally, this movie or TV show would be a foreign film with subtitles. The movie or TV show you select should provide you with a glimpse of what life is like in another culture. The process of watching this movie or TV show should provide you with a unique, cultural experience.
- Watch the movie/TV show that you selected, and use your reactions as part of your response to the following topic: Define ethnocentrism and how it affects individuals, societies, and multinational corporations.
Your paper should provide a comprehensive overview of the concept of ethnocentrism. You should use your cultural experience of watching the selected movie or TV show to discuss the effect of ethnocentrism on individuals, societies, and multinational corporations. Please feel free to use any personal experiences you may have had visiting different countries around the world as part of this paper; however, do not let your personal experiences with other cultures be the focal point of this paper. The focal point of the paper is your cultural experience watching the selected movie or TV show and your comprehensive overview of the concept of ethnocentrism. Please note that this paper is not intended to be a summary of the movie or TV show. Your paper should focus on the cultural observations that you are able to make based on this experience. Your response should be 2–3 pages.
- Explain how an individual’s ascribed social class position at birth may affect what Max Weber called life chances, or the ability of an individual to attain the following “good things” that a society values:
- good health care
- a good job
- Describe how life chances may affect an individual’s life goals (positive or negative).
- In what ways may life chances be irrelevant?
- Give examples of how the concept of life chances operates in the following systems:
- a caste system
- a class system
- a one-party, Communist system (such as China)