SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Please type a minimum two page response on the movie Fences (2016. Please use full sentences, no bullet points. Use the sub headings and the format below to help you organize your paper. One thing to note, although this film has religious and racial themes, I am largely concentrating on gender/sex related themes for this paper. However, feel free to include any themes or examples you want in order to support your positions.
- Summarize the movie (the parts we saw at least). If you have watched the whole movie, feel free to include the whole movie.
- Describe the themes presented in the movie. This movie is heavy on symbolism (e.g. the fence, baseball, inside/outside the house scenes, Uncle Gabe, etc.) so make sure to use some of these along with the dialogue to support your answers.
- Briefly, what general gender/sex roles did you see presented in this movie? Were they what you expected? Anything that you were able to relate to? Anything foreign to you?
Sex/Gender Roles- Troy
- Describe Troyâ€™s (D. Washington) personality, philosophy of life, general disposition, his overall character. Make sure to use scenes from the movie to support your answer.
- What gender/sex roles did he personify and portray? How did he learn these roles, do you think? Make sure to use scenes from the movie to support your answer.
- Did you notice any contradictions in his ideology (what it meant to be a man) and his actions (and his presumed actual thoughts)? Explain
Sex/Gender Roles – Rose
- Describe Roseâ€™s (V. Davis) personality, philosophy of life, general disposition, her overall character. Make sure to use scenes from the movie to support your answer
- What gender/sex roles did she personify and portray? How did she learn these roles, do you think? Make sure to use scenes from the movie to support your answer.
- How is her character impacted/influenced by who Troy is as a person? How is it influenced by her being a wife? A mother?
- There are actually three children in this play/film but we only saw two (Cory and Lyons). Describe their characters. What role did they present in the understanding of who Troy and Rose are as people?
- What did you think of the movie as entertainment? Explain your answer.
- What did you think of the movie as an educational tool for this class? Explain your answer.