- You must answer all four questionsin order to qualify for the full number of points (40).
- Each essay must be at least one double-spaced page in length.
- â€œEssay formâ€ means NO Bullet points, lists of items, abbreviations, or short answer responses.
- You may notuse numbers (e.g. 1,2,3) or letters (e.g. a.b.c.) to designate your answer.
- Good grammar and correct spelling is required.
- Reply in full sentences only.
- Papers with more than 21% matching in SafeAssign will be subject to grading at the Instructorâ€™s discretion. Maximum matching is 21% with or without in-text citationsand a References page.
- Donâ€™t repeat the question in your answer, as it will only add to the SafeAssign â€œmatchingâ€ total.
- Combine ALL your answers in one WORD document and upload using the appropriate tab on your course menu.
- This is NOT a Team effortâ€”each student is expected to do his or her own work.
- You are required to have a â€œReferencesâ€ page as your last page.
- If you quote or paraphrase your text, you are expected to cite it!
- Use APA to cite all sources. See Purdue OWL online if youâ€™re not sure of the acceptable format .
**All directions provided for the Midterm Essays also apply for the Final Exam Essays.**
Your answers need to reflect what you’ve learned this semester in this class(general class discussion, work on your Team Projects, text).You may want to consult Chapters 7-13 in your text and Joel Cowenâ€™s Mental Health Study (see â€œCourse Informationâ€) for assistance in preparing for the following essays:
PHHE 467-2 Final Exam Essay Questions:
1. Compare and contrast the positives and negatives of the four kinds of cost analysis (cost benefit, cost effectiveness, cost utility and cost feasibility). How is each kind of cost analysis generally used in local program planning, and for what reason? How is each one limited in what it does for us as project evaluators and planners?
2. PHHE 467 has emphasized the need to use evaluation techniques which yield valid and reliable data. If you were conducting a health survey of DeKalb County residents, what kinds of issues would you have to consider in the process of evaluating types of surveys for field use, creating a survey, and survey data collection? Name and explain at least two kinds of cultural and diversity influences which must be considered during evaluation processes. How would all these issuesrelate to reliability and validity concerns commonly found in field survey work?
3. Joel Cowenâ€™s classic Mental Health Needs Assessment (2009) features four types of needs assessment tools. Briefly describe each kind of assessment and explain why each type of assessment is useful in determining the unmet needs of a community. (Hint: Each of the four assessment tools (techniques) samples a different perspective [examples: field professionals, health services providers, prospective services clientele]). What perspective does each assessment tool reflect? Why is it important to use multiple kinds of needs assessment tools in gauging the needs of a population? What is meant by the phrase â€œWeight of the evidenceâ€? How is this concept important to the art of crafting a valid and reliable needs assessment?
4. Lisa Gonzales, in her class presentation April 11, 2019, explored the DeKalb County Health Departmentâ€™s mission, functions and programs. How is the mission of DCHD directly reflected in the following programs available through the HD: (1) Maternal and Child Health; (2) Health Promotion; (3) Community Health Needs Assessment and Plan. (The answers to this question can be found in the PowerPoint presentation posted under â€œCourse Informationâ€ [Lisa Gonzales April 11, 2019 F2F Class Presentation]), and in DeKalb Countyâ€™s current 2017-2022 IPLAN, also posted under â€œCourse Informationâ€.
Good luck with your essays! –PM