SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Follow these guidelines when completing this assignment. Speak with your faculty member if you have questions.
CIPAP IS MY HEALTHCARE TECHNOLOGY
1) Choose a healthcare technology.
5) Write a 4-5 page paper (not including the title page or reference page) using APA format.
6) For APA, formatting, or grammar assistance visit the APA Citation and Writing page in the online library.
7) Include the following sections (detailed criteria listed below and in the Grading Rubric):
a. Introduction – 5 points/5%
• The chosen therapeutic modality or healthcare technology meets one of the following criteria:
o Has been introduced recently at the bedside for care of the complex adult patient.
o Is a non-traditional modality for very ill patients in special circumstances.
o Is being used in a new way to treat a patient with complex needs.
o Requires specific training above and beyond general entry-level nursing education.
• Introduce the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
NR341 Complex Adult Health
RUA Interdisciplinary Management of Healthcare Technology Guidelines
• Name the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
• A brief fictional case is used to illustrate the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
b. Explanation and Background– 15 points/15%
• Include a clear description of the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
• Discuss how the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology works.
• Describe the patient population it is used for.
• Include medication, safety, and cost considerations as applicable.
c. Risks and Benefits– 15 points/15%
• Describe how the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology can benefit the patient.
• Discuss ways to promote positive outcomes.
• Explain the complications that may arise.
• Discuss considerations for preventing complications.
d. Interdisciplinary team’s Roles and Responsibilities– 20 points/20%
• Identify all interdisciplinary team members caring for the patient, such as respiratory therapy, assistive personnel, providers, case managers, clinical nurse specialists, and researchers.
• Describe the roles and responsibilities of each member of the healthcare team that is involved in the use of the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
• Discuss the roles and responsibilities of the nurse as a member of the interdisciplinary team caring for the patient.
• Discuss one challenge in working with an interdisciplinary team.
e. Nursing Scope of Practice – 15 points/15%
• Discuss the knowledge needed for the Registered Nurse to provide care for the patient using the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
• Describe skills needed for the Registered Nurse to provide care for the patient using therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
• Discuss attitudes needed for the Registered Nurse to provide care for the patient using therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
f. Patient Education – 20 points/20%
• Describe the information to be taught to the patient and/or family.
• Discuss how information will be taught.
• Discuss potential cultural considerations to teaching
• Explain how the effectiveness of the teaching will be evaluated.
g. Conclusion – 5 points/5%
• Provide a summary of the paper.
• No new information is introduced.
• Include additional resources for further learning.
h. APA Style and Organization – 5 points/5%
• References are submitted with paper.
• Uses current APA format and is free of errors.
• Grammar and mechanics are free of errors.
• At least three (3), nursing, scholarly, peer reviewed, primary sources from the last 5 years, excluding the textbook, are provided.