- Review Chapter 6 in the McKenzie et al. text (especially p. 145) and focus on creating goals, objectives, and mission statements.
- Think about two goals, two short-term objectives, two long-term objectives, and two strategies you might use to meet the goals in your public health program.
- Review the Healthy People 2020 website to gain ideas from national initiatives that are similar to your program to create goals and objectives. Select the Topics and Objectives tab and scroll through the topics. When you find a topic similar to your program, select that topic and you will be able to click on the Overview, Objectives, and Intervention & Resources tabs to gain ideas.
- Review “Logic Models” in the McKenzie et al. text pp. 321-322 and the sample Logic Model in Box 12.2 on p. 323.
The Assignment (2–3 pages)
- Create a mission statement for your public health program.
- Describe two goals of your public health program and explain why you selected these goals.
- Describe two short-term and two long-term (SMART) objectives for your public health program and explain why you selected these objectives.
- Describe two strategies you might use to meet your goals and objectives.
- Create a logic model demonstrating the alignment between your mission statement, goals, objectives, and strategies for meeting those objectives. Use the examples from the textbook to guide you.