SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Exploring Mathematics Curriculum
In this assignment, you will gather information on an early childhood mathematics curriculum.
You will either interview an expert or serve as the expert yourself in researching, answering, and
reflecting on the answers to a set of content-related questions.
Apply state and national standards, principles, and guidelines for early childhood
education across content areas in alignment with developmentally appropriate practices.
Identify methods to ensure families of early childhood learners are collaboratively
engaged and considerations are made for cultural, linguistic, and ability diversity when
planning, implementing, and evaluating curriculum, including individual educational
programs (IEPs) and individualized family service plans (IFSPs).
Collect and analyze data to evaluate content-specific programs for early childhood
learners, including the integration of technology and media.
1) Save and print the Module 2 Application PDF.
2) Create a 3-page paper in a Word or text document for your response. Use 12-point Arial or
Times New Roman font.
3) Use APA (6th edition) format for the title page, references page, and in-text citations.
4) Write an introduction and conclusion for the paper. Introduce the person providing the data.
5) Follow the directions to complete Parts 1 and 2 of the assignment. Use the part titles as
6) Follow the directions to submit your final Word or text document.
Part 1: Data Collection
In preparation for the assignment, review the Module 2 reading, Early Math Matters: A Guide for
Parents of Preschoolers, by Kristin Stansberry at http://www.getreadytoread.org/early-learningchildh…
Gather data about early childhood mathematics curriculum in one of two ways.
(1) Conduct an interview of an early childhood administrator or teacher, or
(2) If you hold one or both of the positions, answer the questions yourself.
Answer each question in at least one well-developed paragraph:
1. Describe your role in the school or organization.
2. Which mathematics curriculum/approach is used in the school or organization program?
3. Why was this curriculum/approach to teaching mathematics chosen over others?
4. How is the mathematics curriculum/approach designed to prepare children to succeed in
5. How are technology and media integrated within the mathematics program?
6. Is an integrated approach to teaching mathematics used? If so, with what content areas is
mathematics integrated? How is integration achieved?
7. How is mathematics instruction modified to meet the cultural, linguistic, and ability diverse
needs of students?
8. Have the early childhood teachers received professional development and support in how
best to teach mathematics? If so, what types of professional development were provided?
9. How are parents and families included in planning, implementing, and evaluating the
mathematics curriculum at your school or organization?
Part 2: Reflection and Analysis
Compare them to your state and national standards for early childhood mathematics education.
1. How do the responses compare to your state and national standards for early childhood
2. Which practices would you adopt in your early childhood mathematics program, and which
would you change?