In this assignment, you will be required to research the topic of work/life culture in Japan and in the US. The assignment requires that you collect information, analyze and incorporate your findings in your sociological argumentswhich will be used to respond to the question. First, start by reading the questions so that you’ll know what you’re being asked to do. Then, watch the short piece below. Once you’ve completed these steps, you’ll be ready to start conducting research online. Be careful to not include info from blogs. See some helpful research key words that I’ve provided below.
Consider the following sociologically and respond to the following:
- Country research on the work/life balance in the US and in Japan and highlight the similarities and differences in culture within the work/life space. In your discussion, focus on components of culture such as theattitudes, ideas, goals, expectation and norms towards the work/life balance. Compare these cultural attitudes in Japan with the cultural attitudes of the US and discuss how they are similar or different. What factors do you think play a role in the work/life culture here in the US? (2.5 points)
- Pick a country (whether the US or Japan) and discuss whether you believe the work/life balance can be defined as a social problem. Why or why not? What criteria did you use to come to that conclusion? (2.5 points) [Total 5% points ]
- Your paper should be 2-3 pages long using a 12 point font doubled-spaced. You should have an intro, a minimum of 2 paragraphs and a conclusion.
- The 1sthalf of your paper should cover the work/life balance and cultural practices in the US and in Japan. The second half of your paper focus on your discussion of whether this issue is considered a social problem and the criteria for that conclusion. I’ve provided an article below as a resource with more info on the “work/life balance
- Citations should be used to avoid plagiarism (MLA or APA)