SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Need a discussion post for the following:
- : Northouse, P. G. (2019). Leadership: Theory and practice (8th ed.). Thousand Oaks: CA: Sage Publications.
- Chapter 1, “Introduction”
- Article: Hogan, R., & Kaiser, R. B. (2005). What we know about leadership. Review of General Psychology, 9(2), 169-180.
Use the PsycARTICLES database, and search using the article’s Accession Number: gpr-9-2-169
- Article: Hogg, M. A. (2001). A social identity theory of leadership. Personality & Social Psychology Review, 5(3), 184-200.
Use the Academic Search Premier database, and search using the article’s Accession Number: 4802751
- Article: Schott, R. L. (1992). Abraham Maslow, humanistic psychology and organization leadership: A Jungian perspective. Journal of Humanistic Psychology, 32(1), 106-120.
Concept of Leadership
To some the term leadership may be an enigma. For instance, some people are able to bring to mind an example of a great leader in history but often have trouble pinpointing exactly what leadership means when asked to define it. Although scholars, practitioners, and laypersons have long attempted to define leadership, there is still no universally agreed-upon definition. You may wonder why this is the case, given that leadership has been in existence since the beginning of time. One reason is that leadership is often conceptualized based on personal experiences and perceptions. The way you conceptualize leadership might be different from the way your colleagues conceptualize leadership. What comes to mind when you hear the term leadership? Are there specific personality traits, skills, or behaviors you associate with leadership? You will explore these questions and more as you complete the following Discussion.
To prepare for this Discussion:
ANSWER EACH BULLET POINT
- Review Chapter 1 in the course text, Leadership: Theory and Practice. Pay particular attention to various components of leadership. Consider how each might contribute to how leadership is conceptualized and defined.
- Review the article “A Social Identity Theory of Leadership” and think about which social attributes might be included in a definition of leadership.
- Review the article “What We Know About Leadership.” Consider how personality attributes and specific social and business competencies contribute to how leadership is conceptualized. Also, think about why leadership is important.
- Reflect on your experiences as a leader and/or follower and think about how you conceptualize leadership.
- Keeping the readings and your own experiences in mind, develop a definition of leadership.
- Consider your profession or a profession that is of interest to you. Reflect on why leadership is important in this profession.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 3 your own definition of leadership. Be sure to support your definition with at least two academic reference. Then explain why you think leadership is important in your profession or in a profession that is of interest to you. Be specific.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.