SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
For this assessment, assume the role of a professional analyst. Choose a publicly traded U.S. company from the S&P 500. Prepare a critical analysis of the microeconomic and macroeconomic environment and challenges that the company faces. Use your chosen company’s 10-K report to locate detailed information for your assessment.
Below are topics to consider as you prepare your analysis. These are not the only subjects to consider, and they may not all apply. They are merely examples of the types of issues to consider and analyze.
- Describe the company, the company background, industry (computer, financial, and so on), and industry structure (oligopoly, monopolistic competition, and so on).
- Consider what ethical and legal issues are present. For example, how has the company been affected by regulations, such as EPA, Obama Care, or FDA?
- Analyze how the company is subject to macroeconomic or microeconomic cycles.
- Analyze how new countries and/or firms entering the market affect the industry of the company you selected, and what impact that has on the company.
- Explain consumer behavior and its implications for business decisions, related to the industry of the company you selected. Explain what impact that has the company.
Your critical analysis should consist of the following sections:
- Introduction – describe your chosen company and its industry.
- Application of the theories, models, and practices of economic theory to create profit maximization for your firm.
- Analysis of the economic implications of operating in global markets as well as different market and industry structures.
- Assessment of the impact of ethical and regulatory considerations on your chosen company.
- Analysis of the macroeconomic environment of corporate operations.
- Analysis of the microeconomic environment of corporate operations.
- Conclusion and recommendations. The conclusion should include the long-term outlook for the company.
Note: Wherever possible, apply the concepts from at least one of the two articles below (linked in the Resources):
- Porter, M. E., & Kramer, M. R. (2011). Creating shared value. Harvard Business Review, 89(1/2), 62–77.
- Reichheld, F. (2006). The microeconomics of customer relationships. MIT Sloan Management Review, 47(2), 73–78.
Support your analysis with examples from your chosen company as well as readings and resources, using proper APA format for all in-text citations and references.
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Number of resources: Minimum of 10 references, 4 of which should be academic journals. No more than 2 should be textbooks.
- Length of paper: 10–12 typed, double-spaced pages, not including the title page or references.
- Font and font size: Times Roman, 12-point.