SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
My argument for change: The use of information technology has led to decreased interactions in the real world.
The thesis statement that I chose for the previous discussion is ultimately, despite the extensive coverage of challenges associated with communication technology, the modern society has embraced it so much to the extent that it would rather live with the adversities therein, rather than make an effort to alter the use of such gadgets. The reason for developing solutions towards the use of technological gadgets is based on the effects that they have on the society through reducing the amount of interactions that we make in the real world.
There are TWO parts to this assignment:
In this Discussion, you will start thinking about how you can best convey your message through digital media such as a video, slide presentation, or podcast which rely on both text and visuals to highlight a main message. If you are not readily familiar with digital media tools, WC has resources that you can review, and one of them is “PowerPoint Basics.” If you want to try different tools beyond the basic slide presentation, the Internet has several free tools to consider, such as Animoto®, Prezi®, PowToon®, WeVideo®, or Fotobabble®.
As noted in the Learning Activities, a great deal of thought should be put into the selection and use of visuals and text in digital media presentations. Therefore, you will create a draft of your digital media presentation and share it on the Discussion Board to receive feedback from your classmates and the instructor. You will receive peer feedback on your draft of your digital media presentation, much like you may well receive comments and feedback from your community members or coworkers if they are provided access to the digital media presentation.
When you engage in a team presentation, whether for work or school, you want to provide support for your teammates, acknowledge their contributions by pointing out strengths in their work, and offer original, thoughtful feedback that will benefit the entire team. The ability to collaborate effectively is a crucial professional skill, and this week’s discussion will help you to build those skills.
- What is the main message that you took away from the digital media presentation?
- How well do the written text and visuals work together to create an argument?
- How might the identified audience respond to the presentation’s text and visuals?
- What were the strengths of the presentation?
- What are at least two areas that need improvement?
For this Assignment, you will use technology and the writing skills you have learned thus far to create a digital media presentation appropriate for sharing outside of the classroom environment.
You will use the draft of your media presentation to develop a slide presentation or video that is designed to have a strong impact on the audience. Your digital media presentation is not necessarily testing your design skills, though you should certainly try to practice the design suggestions provided in the WC resources. More importantly, you are practicing your composition skills by combining text and images to compel your audience to recognize the importance of your argument for change. The digital media presentation should have the following characteristics:
- Slide presentation or video format (contact your instructor for prior approval if you have a different idea for your digital media presentation)
- Contains at least 8–10 slides (slide presentation, not including the title and references slide) or lasts approximately 45 seconds to 1 minute (video)
- Research from at least four reliable sources to support the main message, including graphics
- Minimally, two visuals (e.g., photo, table, diagram, chart, etc.)
- Research and visuals are cited in APA citation format, both in-text and on a References slide or in a separate Word document. You need to quote material taken directly from a source. The same standards for documenting sources apply to a presentation that apply to an essay.
- A clear argument for change in your community or workplace (the one you have been writing about throughout the course)
- Designed with a specific audience in mind in order to motivate your viewers to take action or change how they think about the topic
Noted below are the specific requirements for this unit’s Assignment:
- Title page/slide with the presentation title, your name, and course information
- If you are submitting a video, Vimeo® , PowToon, Prezi, etc., please submit a separate Word document with the title page, references page, a link to the presentation, and the text for your presentation
- References to sources, including graphics, are cited in APA 6th Edition style both in-text and on a separate References slide.