SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
1. What type of front would occur if two fronts meet coming from different directions?
A. Cold front
B. Occluded front
C. Warm front
D. Stationary front
2. Humidity is measured based upon the _______ content of the air.
A. water vapor
C. carbon dioxide
3. The Earth’s atmosphere extends about _______ miles above the earth’s surface.
4. What type of storm is characterized by a circulation cell?
5. Heat given off by a fire in a fireplace is an example of
6. The instrument used to measure wind direction is called a/an
B. wind vane.
7. The primary gas found within air is
8. On what principle do most thermometers work?
A. As the temperature rises, the molecules in liquid move more slowly.
B. Kinetic energy causes temperatures to rise.
C. Liquid expands as it gets warmer.
D. When liquid absorbs heat, it loses kinetic energy.
9. Which climate zone experiences the greatest change in temperature during the year?
10. What does it mean if the relative humidity of air is 25 percent?
A. The air is holding only 25 percent of the water vapor it can hold at that temperature.
B. The water vapor in the air is in the lower 25 percent of the atmosphere.
C. If the water vapor content of the air increases 25 percent, it will be at the dew point.
D. Twenty-five percent of the air is composed of water vapor.
11. The process by which water vapor changes to liquid water is called
12. What causes seasons to occur in certain zones?
A. Longitude of the zone
B. Tilt of Earth’s axis
C. Height of mountains
D. Amount of rainfall
13. What happens as the ozone layer becomes thinner?
A. It eliminates the protection Earth receives from the greenhouse effect.
B. Earth is exposed to the dangerous radiation from the sun.
C. Earth becomes too cool to support life.
D. Precipitation on Earth becomes very acidic.
14. In what layer of the atmosphere do temperatures rise with altitude?
15. Carbon dioxide and water vapor help to prevent _______ from escaping from Earth.
C. carbon dioxide
D. water vapor
16. Thermometers operate on the premise that liquids _______ when heated.
17. An anemometer is used to measure
A. wind speed.
D. air pressure.
18. Which one of the following situations would cause air pressure to rise?
A. Cold air entering a region
B. An increase in temperature
C. Moisture entering the air
D. An increase in altitude
19. Which one of the following materials would take the longest to raise its temperature?
20. In which one of the following months are thunderstorms most likely to occur in the United States?
End of exam