SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
At this very moment, around the globe, populations are affected by communicable, non-communicable, environmental, natural disaster, and humanitarian health threats. In keeping with the Walden University mission of effecting positive social change, this week, you will educate your classmates on a current public or global health concern by tapping into, and sharing, social media resources that address efforts to improve the health of populations around the world.
To prepare for this Discussion, go to www.YouTube.com. In the search bar, enter one of the following organizations plus a health topic (identified in your Learning Resources this week).
CDC (Centers for Disease Control & Prevention)
WHO (World Health Organization)
IFRC (International Federation of Red Cross)
UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund)
UNAIDS (United Nations Program on HIV/AIDS)
VOA (Voice of America)
MSF (Doctors Without Borders)
TED talks (TED is a non-profit organization that brings technology, entertainment and design together to spread ideas)
Review the different videos available, and select one that illustrates one of the global health challenges addressed in your Learning Resources this week.
By Day 4, post a comprehensive response to the following:
Select one online video from one of the organizations identified.
1. Paste the url link to your selected video, in the space provided, so your classmates can also view the YouTube video you selected.
2. Prepare a short description of the health issue covered in the YouTube video. Be sure to include the location and population affected.
3. Identify as much as you can about the impact of the health issue.
4. What is the sponsoring organization profiled in the YouTube media, and what are they doing to assist with the public/global health issue?
5. How is it related to our class resources this week? Share your personal reaction to the media and public health topic you are reporting on.
Resource for file below:
Brennan Ramirez, L. K., Baker, E. A., & Metzler, M. (2008). Promoting healthy equity: A resource to help communities address social determinants of health. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Center for Disease Control and Prevention. (PDF)