SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
· Analyze the influence of patient factors on pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes
· Analyze the impact of changes in pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes on patient drug therapies
· Evaluate drug therapy plans for cardiovascular disorders
Cardiovascular / Respiratory Systems
CASE STUDY Assignment
Patient HM has a history of atrial fibrillation and a transient ischemic attack (TIA). The patient has been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia and ischemic heart disease. Drugs currently prescribed include the following:
• Warfarin 5 mg daily MWF and 2.5 mg daily T, TH, Sat, Sun
• Aspirin 81 mg daily
• Metformin 1000 mg po bid
• Glyburide 10 mg bid
• Atenolol 100 mg po daily
• Motrin 200 mg 1–3 tablets every 6 hours as needed for pain
· Review the Resources for this module and consider the impact of potential pharmacotherapeutics for cardiovascular disorders introduced in the media piece.
· Review the case study assigned by your Instructor for this Assignment.
· Select one the following factors: genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, or behavior factors.
· Reflect on how the factor you selected might influence the patient’s pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes.
· Consider how changes in the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes might impact the patient’s recommended drug therapy.
· Think about how you might improve the patient’s drug therapy plan based on the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic changes. Reflect on whether you would modify the current drug treatment or provide an alternative treatment option for the patient.
Write a 2- to 3-page paper that addresses the following:
· Explain how the factor you selected might influence the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes in the patient from the case study assigned above.
· Describe how changes in the processes might impact the patient’s recommended drug therapy. Be specific and provide examples.
· Explain how you might improve the patient’s drug therapy plan and explain why you would make these recommended improvements.
Resources for reference
Rosenthal, L. D., & Burchum, J. R. (2018). Lehne’s pharmacotherapeutics for advanced practice providers. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier.
· Chapter 34, “Review of Hemodynamics” (pp. 335–340)
· Chapter 35, “Diuretics” (pp. 341–349)
· Chapter 36, “Drugs Acting on the Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone System” (pp. 351–362)
· Chapter 37, “Calcium Channel Blockers” (pp. 363–369)
· Chapter 38, “Vasodilators” (pp. 371–373)
· Chapter 39, “Drugs for Hypertension” (pp. 375–388)
· Chapter 40, “Drugs for Heart Failure” (pp. 389–402)
· Chapter 41, “Antidysrhythmic Drugs” (pp. 403–418)
· Chapter 42, “Prophylaxis of Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease: Drugs That Help Normalize Cholesterol and Triglyceride Levels” (pp. 419–439)
· Chapter 43, “Drugs for Angina Pectoris” (pp. 441–450)
· Chapter 44, “Anticoagulant and Antiplatelet Drugs” (pp. 451–472)
Include 3-4 references