SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Brunetta, F., Marchegiani, L., & Peruffo, E. (2019, September 8). When birds of a feather don’t flock together: Diversity and innovation outcomes in international R&D collaborations, pp. 1-2, 7. Manuscript submitted for publication. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2019.08.033.Available in the Trident Online University.
Hsiao, A., Auld, C., & Ma, E. (2015, July). Perceived organizational diversity and employee behavior. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 48, 102-104. Retrieved from the Trident Online Library. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2015.04.009
Podsiadlowski, A., GrÃ¶sc, D., Kogler, M., Springer, C., & van der Zee, K. (2013, March). Managing a culturally diverse workforce: diversity perspectives in organizations. International Journal of Intercultural Relations, 37(2013), 159-161. Available in the Trident Online Library.
Read the following sections in Chapter 2:
Section 2.2 Demographic Diversity
Section 2.3 Cultural Diversity
Read the following sections in Chapter 15:
Section 15.2 Understanding Organizational Culture
Section 15.3 Characteristics of Organizational Culture
Section 15.4 Creating and Maintaining Organizational Culture
Section 15.5 Creating Culture Change
Section 15.6 The Role of Ethics and National Culture
In a 2-page submission, not counting the cover and references pages, respond to the following questions on the Cultural Identify Worksheet regarding your knowledge of your own and your employerâ€™s corporate culture and cultural diversity.
Cultural Identifier Worksheet
- Name three cultural identifiers that you identify with most. Describe in detail how you identify with these three.
- Which of these cultural identifiers do you see in the people with whom you work or play?
- Do you consider your place of work as diverse? In what ways?
- From the short list you made in #1, select the one that you identify with the most.
- What is it that you like the most about this cultural identifier?
- From the list above, select the one identifier that you identify with the least. Explain why it does not fit you.
- Do you see the cultural identifier in #6 in those with whom you work or play?
- List some stereotypes about your culture that do not apply to you.
- The following is a short list of some of the ways people respond to othersâ€™ cultural and diversity identifiers either through their thoughts, words, or deeds.
- Prejudice–an attitude about another person or group of people based on stereotypes
- Discrimination–an action or behavior based on prejudice
- Racism–prejudice or discrimination based on race/ethnicity
- Sexism–prejudice or discrimination based on gender
In discussions of these terms, an issue that sometimes arises is that prejudice and discrimination can be positive. It is important to note that when these issues are discussed in the context of cultural diversity, they are generally considered negative and very easy to identify. In what instance would prejudice or discrimination be a positive? Why is it so hard to identify the positive ones?
Note: A URL (website address) is NOT a reference. A reference always contains four parts: author, publication date, article title, and the source of the article. Sometimes there is no author, but the APA manual tells you what you can put in that spot instead, such as the first few words of the article title. The source for a high-quality peer-reviewed journal article is the journal.