SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Analyzing a Story
The student will use his/her critical thinking skills to explore and analyze Melcome Xâ€™s â€œConkâ€.
Download the story. After reading Conk, the student will answer different questions in which different thinking skills must be used (45 points).
Answer the following questions about Conk:
- Identify the cause in the following statement: They needed a wooden spoon for a metal one would turn black with the lye. (2 points)
- Identify the effect in the following statement: The jar felt hot because it had lye in it. (2 points)
- What was the effect of leaving the congolone the most one could stand? (2 points)
- What do you infer is the meaning of congolene? (2 points)
- What do you infer is a conk? (2 points)
- What does the term White-wigged mean? (2 points).
- Is the narrator a static or a dynamic character? Explain in 3 sentences at least. (5 points)
- What trait is the best to describe Shorty? (Explain in 3-5 sentences) (5 points).
- What does the narrator mean by: â€œThis was my first really big step toward self-degradation? (Explain in 3-5 sentences). (5 points)
- Is the title literal or symbolic? Answer in 3 sentences least. (3 points)
- What is the passage message? You must answer in a complete sentence. (2 points).
- What does the narrator feel about African-American (Negros) who conk their hair? (3 sentences at least) (3 points).
- What is the authorâ€™s purpose? Answer in 2-3 sentences. (3 points)
- How did the narrator feel about his first conk? (2 points).
- This is based on a real story; do you think the topic is pertinent today? Justify your answer in a 3-5 sentence paragraph. (5 points)
The activity is individual. The work must be delivered on time, without spelling or grammar mistakes. The works will be submitted to the tool to detect similarity of content (now Urkund). Submit the answers in a Word document, Times New Roman, size 12. You must include references in APA format, three years or less.
Abcarian, R. Klotz, M., & Cohen, S. (2018). Literature: The human experience. Reading and Writing (12th ed.). Boston. MA: Bedford.
Cleaver, S. (2018). Going Beyond PIE: 5 Ways to Teach Students How to Find the Authorâ€™s purpose. Hearst Newspaper. Retrieved from https://www.weareteachers.com/going-beyond-pie-5-ways-to-teach-students-how-to-find-the-authors-purpose/ (Enlaces a un sitio externo.)
McCarson, D. (2018). Comprehension Skills that Require Critical Thinking. Hearst Newspaper. Retrieved from https://education.seattlepi.com/comprehension-skills-require-critical-thinking-3878.html (Enlaces a un sitio externo.)