SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
WRITE a beautiful, well-argued essay. Do not write the paper like a blow-by-blow question/answer lab report! Be sure to address the following questions in your report:
- Cite and quote Inglis to explain whether you think the film follows the genre expectations of the biopic (i.e., we watch the musician triumph after overcoming various difficulties)? Selenaâ€™s family and husband authorized this film, and her father Abraham Quintanilla was its executive producer. How do you think that shaped the filmâ€™s depiction of her? Do you think biopic films about musicians are generally boring and predictable, or can they be a way to see the performer in a new way and to appreciate his/her work in new ways?
- The film depicts a rich variety of popular musics in the Mexican/American community in the 1960s-1990s. How are ideas about â€œMexican musicâ€ and â€œgringo musicâ€ explored throughout the film?
- Several performance scenes depict Selena coming into a sense of her own power. Describe in detail one such scene in which Selena sings, and explain why that scene is important for the film.
- Discuss how the film explores the American dream, the desire for middle-class security, the importance of family, and the absolute authority of Selenaâ€™s father within her family. How is Selena y Los Dinos an extension of her fatherâ€™s dreams?
- In what ways are womenâ€™s roles portrayed in the film, and in the Tejano scene at the time? What other female popular singers of the time does the film mention, and to make what points?
- How does the film convey a strong message of Mexican American pride? What does Abraham Quintanilla say about why itâ€™s â€œhard to be Mexican American,â€ and how is this depicted through the bandâ€™s experiences?