SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Assignment 1: LASA 2: Criminology Matrix: Timeline and What Makes a Good Theory
Here’s What Happened . . .
Understanding the various criminological theories and their interrelated concepts is a daunting task. From classicism to the Chicago school, key terms, theorists, and other important information can get lost in the shuffle.
Here’s What You Need To Do . . .
Organize the information you have learned in this course and complete the following points:
- Demographic Information:
- Select 12 (APA 6 only requires numbers to be spelled out to nine, 10 and above are ok numerically) theories and arrange them in chronological order in a column. Be sure to select at least two to three theories from each criminological category (biological and psychological).
- Identify the year and period of time in which each theory originated.
- Identify the theorist or theorists associated with each theory.
- Examine the history and origination location of each theory.
- Empirical Foundation: Examine the foundational research that grounded each theory and any current research that supports the theory today.
- Theoretical Components:
- Identify each theory’s school of thought and the type of theory it is (biological and psychological).
- Examine the major premises of each theory.
- Examine the minor premises of each theory.
- Application: Examine where the theory has been used in practice or how it is being used in the criminal justice system today.
Explain what makes a good theory. Address the following questions for each theory:
- How does the theory address the problem of crime?
- How are cultural influences on crime integrated into the theory?
- What solutions for the individual, family, community, and society does the theory suggest?
Optional: Create any additional column headings with information you believe is important to understand each theory, its explanation of criminal behavior, and its application to the criminal justice system.
Note: Be sure to cite the sources of your information by stating the URLs from the web pages or from other sources.
Be sure to build in-text citations for the web pages and create references for the web pages that link back to your in-text citations.
- Save the final presentation as M5_A1_Lastname_Firstname.ppt.
- By Saturday, July 12, 2014, submit your final presentation to the M5: Assignment 1 Dropbox.
LASA 2 Grading Criteria and Rubric
All LASAs in this course will be graded using a rubric. This assignment is worth 300 points. Download the rubric and carefully read it to understand the expectations.
|Assignment 1 Grading Criteria||
|Identified, examined, and included the demographic components for twelve criminological theories.||
|Identified and examined the foundational research associated with each theory and any current research associated with each theory.||
|Identified, examined, and included the theoretical components for twelve criminological theories.||
|Examined the origination of each theory.||
|Examined the application of the theory in the criminal justice system or explained where the theory has been used in practice.||
|Identified, examined, and included components for twelve criminological theories that address their ability to explain criminal behavior, their integration of cultural influences on crime, and solutions for the reduction of criminal behavior.||