SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
For your final paper you should choose a real world social problem. It can be anything that you would like but possible choices include
• Urban uprisings in Ferguson and Baltimore.
• Municipalities’ use court fines and fees to generate income in the face of losses in state and federal funding. (Think of Ferguson, MO).
• Spread of far right wing movements in US and internationally (Golden Dawn in Greece, British National Party in England, the National Front Party in France, BJPin India).
• The increase in the rate of mass shootings.
• Rising social inequality within the United States
• The increase in student loan debt.
• The refugee crisis in Europe.
• If you choose another topic, please run it by me so that you will be able to find enough information.
1. You need to describe the problem and provide some background on the problem.
2. You should apply at least 2 modern theoretical perspectivesto the problem. How would the theorist explain what is happening?
3. Describe the strengths and weaknesses of each of the theoretical approaches.
4. Develop your own alternative approach to the problem. How can you use social theory to develop a potential solution to the social problem? Here you can either develop your own theory or extend an earlier theory.
In the description of the problem, you should have at least 5 sources. Please be sure that these are high quality sources (Raw Story, Brietbart News and the Dudge Report don’t qualify.). Please ask me if you aren’t sure about the quality of a source.
For your source on the application of theory, you can use the textbook as one source. You should also seek out works by the theorists and critical analyses of the theorists’ work. Let me know if you are having any issues finding this material.
This paper should be 10 pages in length. It should be written in 11 point Arial or Helvetica and double spaced with normal 1 inch margins. Please refer to https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/583/01… for guidance in formatting your paper.
I will grade the papers based on
• How accurate your understanding of the theories that you are applying is;
• The degree of sophistication with which you apply the theories;
• The quality of your analysis; and,
• The overall quality of your writing