SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Philosophical perspectives and theories on morality contribute to an understanding of the deep-rooted human need to question the role human beings play in society. Whether your views align with those of Aristotle, Kant, or Mill, you can explore the reasons behind your inherent motivation to act responsibly. At the outset of your life, you develop habits of thought based on what you are exposed to, where you live, whom you live with, and your experiences. In this Application Assignment, you critically examine these experiences as well as theoretical perspectives on morality and assess how they impact your moral and cultural identity. You also assess how these experiences influence your concept of social responsibility.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review the â€œClassical Theories of Moralityâ€ as described in Chapter 3 of the Arthur & Scalet (n.d.) course text and summarize key points of each theory. Does one theory resonate with you more than another?
- Make connections to your own culture. Contemplate whether these three theories are reflected in your own culture.
- Review the Cultural Genogram: Dimensions of Culture document in this weekâ€™s Resources. Consider the ways different dimensions of culture inform your moral identity (e.g., how your national, ethnic, and/or gender identity informs your moral identity).
- Consider your response to this weekâ€™s Discussion.
- Think about how different dimensions of culture inform your concept of social responsibility.
Write a 2-page analysis connecting the three â€œClassical Theories of Moralityâ€ to your own cultural identity. Explain how the theories align or do not align with your cultural identity. Include how cultural identity impacts social responsibility. Provide three references using proper APA citation.
Wilson, A. (Ed.). (1991). The golden rule. In World scripture: A comparative anthology of sacred texts(pp.114 Cultural Genogram: Dimensions of Culture (Word document)â€“115). St. Paul, MN: Paragon House.
THIS ASSIGNMENT IS DUE TOMORROW @ 2;00PM EST TIME