AMU Biology Ovarian Cancer Outline
SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Course Project Assignment #2: Outline
For this assignment, you will use the “Medical Disease/Condition” you chose for the Week 2 Mini-Presentation.
Objective: Organize your thoughts and the main points of your research for your Final Presentation
Before You Start:
To prepare for this assignment, I recommend that you do the following:
Read these directions carefully
Review the sample Biology* (NOT A&P) Outline provided to you HERE. *use the instructions below regarding the required content specific to this BIOL181 A&P course.
- Review the BIOL181 Grading Criteria HERE which contains the detailed evaluation that I will use to assess your performance. It also will help you understand what is expected of you as you prepare your assignment.
- Use your own words (paraphrase). For help with paraphrasing, please review ‘Quoting and Paraphrasing‘ help in the Trefry Library Writing@APUS Center.
Note that your Turnitin report similarity score should be under 20% (not including references) and free of paraphrasing issues. Review the color-flagged text on your report, fix any issues, and resubmit again before the deadline (this assignment is set to unlimited submissions).
Note that less than 10% of your work should contain direct quotes.
Email me with any questions!
Assignment Instructions: To help you complete Assignment #3: Final Presentation, you will first submit an Outline to organize your thoughts and main points. Your Outline should be formatted in the specified way and must contain the following elements as described below.
Be sure to add your name and course number to your Outline.
- The Outline Format: Your Outline must be formatted as described and demonstrated by the example linked above – an alphanumeric outline created with MS Word saved as a .doc or .docx file type only. Please note that this format will be assessed in your grade:
Use an alphanumeric sequence
- Sections should be indented and aligned
Follow the suggested order of the required topics/subtopics
Use brief but detailed and descriptive phrases (e.g., pain and stiffness in joints, decreased range of motion, swelling, tenderness)
- The Outline Content: Your Outline should contain the following topics/subtopics in this order. Also, remember that your Final Presentation (Assignment #3) should only be 10-15 slides, so you need to be concise and clear with your information.
- I. Introduction Section – this section must contain the following:
- A. Topic selection and reason for selecting
B. Thoroughly define the disease/condition
C. History of the disease/condition
D. Relevant image of the disease/condition
II. Content Sections – this section must contain the following four main topics (the subtopics are recommendations to use if appropriate to your disease/condition):
1. Statistical prevalence (e.g., overall, gender, age)
- 2. Types of determinants (e.g., risk factors)
- B. Financial Costs
- 1. Costs to the individual/family (e.g., mental, physical, emotional)
- 2. Possible costs to society (dollar figures)
3. Loss of productivity in the workforce
C. Anatomy & Physiology/Etiology
1. Which parts of the body are affected [e.g., tissue(s), organ(s), and/or organ system(s)]
2. Description of the normal structure and function of affected body parts
3. How the disease/condition changes the normal structure and function of affected body parts
4. Cause(s) of the disease/condition
1. How this disease/condition is diagnosed (e.g., history, exam, diagnostic imaging, labs)
2. How the disease/condition is treated (e.g., traditional medical treatments, alternative methods of treatment)
3. The prediction (prognosis) of this disease/condition’s outcome (e.g., life expectancy if treated vs. untreated)
III. Conclusion Slide – this section must contain four to six bulleted points that sum up all of the main topics/subtopics (statistics/epidemiology, costs, anatomy & physiology/etiology, diagnosis/treatments/prognosis) from the body of your presentation.
IV. Reference Section and Internal Citations
Internal Citations – These are not listed on a separate page, but rather are placed throughout the Outline via in-text citations anytime you paraphrase, use direct quotes, or want to use visual/audio components from other sources. Therefore, all source material should be cited.
Include a final “References” list of a minimum of five (and no more than 10) academically and scientifically credible sources used for facts shared in your Outline.
Include a final “Media References” list of all images, videos, graphs, audio elements, etc., you want to use within your Outline.
All references listed on the reference lists should be cited internally within the Outline, and vice versa.
NOTE:Work that is improperly cited and referenced or lacking either citations or references may not be accepted for credit.
Writing Expectations: Apply scientific concepts and use scientific terminology correctly. Utilize proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Please make note of the following general tips and tricks for your Outline:
I understand that this is a rough draft and, as your research and writing continue over the next few weeks, details may be added or changed. Although you do not have to resubmit it to me, I recommend that you update this Outline to help you best complete Assignment 3.
Write your Outline so that it has detailed and descriptive phrases in a bulleted format that you can easily then flesh out into sentences for the audio narration component of your Final Presentation (Assignment #3).
After your Outline is complete, I recommend that you next draft your conclusion section for your Outline. This will ensure that all the main points of the Outline are incorporated in this framing section of your Final Presentation.
Use MS Word’s Outline Function. Use a MAC? Here is a video link (captioning included on the link) that you may find useful that reviews formatting in MS Word: Setting up APA headers in Word
Also, please see the resources below at The Owl at Purdue site for more information on how to develop an outline:
Four Main Components for Effective Outlines
Why and How to Create a Useful Outline
For more information on how to format in-text citations and references lists, the links below:
Evaluation: Please review the BIOL181 Outline Grading Criteria that describes how your Outline will be graded.
Got stuck with a writing task? We can help! Use our paper writing service to score better grades and meet your deadlines.
Get 15% discount for your first order
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper