750-1000 word Essay on VA Faces Critical Shortfalls
SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
*In earlier topics, you explored the tenet of conscious leadership and the influence of self-awareness on your leadership style. You established that a clear understanding of your abilities, motivation, and goals provides a firm foundation for leading others. Leadership studies demonstrate that the most effective leaders know how to draw upon self-leadership skills to in turn motivate and lead others to expand their strengths to ultimately better serve the goals of an organization. For this assignment, you will continue to study conscious leadership and look at a leadership example from contemporary media and evaluate how well the particular leader exemplifies the qualities of effective and ethical conscious leadership. Then, you will compose your own leadership philosophy statement to articulate the qualities that will make you an effective conscious leader of people and organizations.
For Part 1, select a relevant and topical leadership issue from current news media that revolves around ethics and ethical decision making. Topics must be approved by your instructor (See Attached for topic that was approved by instructor). Once approved, research the situation and gather data in order to evaluate the dynamics of the situation. Write an evaluation (500-750 words) of the situation that addresses the following:
1.The power bases used by the leader.
2.The influence tactics used by the leader.
3.The leadership style of the leader.
4.The outcome (or potential outcome) of the situation.
Conclude by justifying whether or not you think this leader supports the values of conscious capitalism. Is the leader’s leadership style effective? Do you believe the leader acted ethically in the situation? Be sure to consider each tenet of conscious capitalism in your leader evaluation.
Next, imagine yourself as a practitioner of servant leadership. You have been appointed into the leadership role in this same circumstance. Explain how the situation would be different. Address the four criteria listed above in your discussion and incorporate the principles of conscious capitalism by explaining how your personal values and style are influenced by each tenet.
For Part 2, develop a leadership philosophy statement as an appendix to your evaluation in Part 1. Begin by reviewing your self-assessment results from Topic 2 (Attached) and reflecting on what you have learned about effective leadership and conscious capitalism in the course. Keep in mind that one’s leadership philosophy is a unique statement that encapsulates your own view of leadership, so the final product may vary, but your statement should incorporate the following:
1.Personal values and beliefs that influence your leadership style.
2.Past experiences or people that have influenced the development of those values.
3.Expectations of self and others.
4.Leadership style and influence tactics.
Your goal is to create a distinctive statement (250-500 words) that incorporates the elements outlined above. The end product should clearly articulate how you view yourself as a leader and how others would view you as a leader. It should also make clear how you can contribute to the success of other people and an organization as a whole.
**You are required to use at least three academic references to support your reasoning for the team selection process.
***Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines.
****You will be graded on:
1. Evaluation of Power Bases: Evaluation of power bases used by the leader affiliated with a current ethics-related issue is thorough and well integrated.
2. Evaluation of Influence Tactics: Evaluation of influence tactics used by the leader is thorough and well integrated.
3. Evaluation of Leadership Style: Evaluation of leadership style, effectiveness, and whether the leader supports the values of conscious capitalism is thorough and well integrated.
4. Evaluation of Outcome: Evaluation of the outcome or potential outcome of the situation is thorough and well integrated. There is detailed evidence to show the impact the leader has on organizational outcomes.
5. Servant Leadership Discussion: A discussion of servant leadership, how the situation would be different with respect to power bases, influence tactics, and leadership style, as well as an explanation of how personal values are influenced by conscious capitalism, is thorough and well integrated.
6. Leadership Philosophy Statement: The detailed leadership philosophy statement incorporates all required elements and specific leadership examples. There is a clear explanation of how the student views own leadership style, how other view the leadership style of the student, and how this contributes to the success of an organization.
7. Thesis Development and Purpose: Thesis and/or main claim are comprehensive. The essence of the paper is contained within the thesis. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.
8. Argument Logic and Construction: Clear and convincing argument that presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative.
Got stuck with a writing task? We can help! Use our paper writing service to score better grades and meet your deadlines.
Get 15% discount for your first order
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper