SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Hi, you have two post to write, the first post and the second post. And both post you need to follow the objectives (in the attachment) to finish your answer.
And you can only use the reading as the supportive to write your answer, no outside resources
We previously studied the concepts of social class and social conflict. Unionization and other collection action have historically arose from tensions and perceived unfairness between the “upper” and “working” classes or between workers and management. Next week we will examine unions and their role in the workplace and in the economy.
- Power from the People, Florence Jaumotte & Carolina Osorio Buitron
- Worker Centers and the “Labor Organization” Question, Benjamin Sachs
- Collective Bargaining, Michael D. Yates, from Why Unions Matter
- Does This Company Need a Union case study – This will be discussed in class next week.
- Casino Europa Collective Bargaining Case Study – This is the collective bargaining simulation we will be conducting in two weeks. You need to read it over to get familiar with the scenario so that you can start preparing for the bargaining simulation next week.
- What are current trends in unionization in the United States? What are the impacts of those trends on workers and the general population? How do worker centers fit into the workers’ movement?
- Yates noted that nearly one third of all first collective bargaining negotiations end without the union reaching an agreement with the employer. He posited that success in collective bargaining has more to do with union membership control of the process and with “power” than it has to do with great “table skills.” Assuming Yates is correct, suggest specific approaches to bargaining and bargaining preparation that would let unions achieve bargaining success. Base your analysis on both personal intuition and outside research.