Essay 500 words
1. Please identify a professional practice issue for which you may pursue as you complete your doctoral studies. Please include how you envision accomplishing this project and how it will change nursing practice. The purpose of this essay is for demonstration of critical thinking related to a practice or patient problem and strategies to resolve or address the problem.
(I would like to focus on our war veterans that suffer from PTSD and other Mental disabilities, my goal with the DNP education is to create a Non-profit organization to help our war veterans suffering mental health problems in our communities. To provide more access and information on mental health services, to create plans and new interventions for those that do not have access or conditions to afford health care including our homeless war veterans)
1. Identify a professional practice issue and its significance.
2. Identify the project proposal’s, address the following item:
5. Comparison (ie: standard care vs proposed intervention)
6. Expected Outcome:
7. Proposed site(s) to conduct the study: (South Florida – Miami area)
8. Identify at least one of the AACN DNP Essentials that you may find challenging as you implement your project and how you might overcome that challenge.
All applicants should review the following additional guidelines and resources prior to writing the required essays and include them in the essay where appropriate. Your Admissions Advisor will speak to you in greater detail regarding this.
http://www.aacnnursing.org/Education-Resources/AACN-Essentials – AACN Essentials for Doctoral Education. This resource provides a solid foundation of the DNP’s focus and philosophy.
http://www.aacnnursing.org/DNP – The latest white paper on DNP.
http://www.nonpf.org/?page=14 – National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties (NONPF NP) Role Competencies and specialty-specific competencies.
Define epidemiology and identify the epidemiological models used to explain disease and health pattern in populations. How can you apply the epidemiological methods to describe the stated of health in the community or aggregate? Mention and analyze the factors that have contributed to the failure of health planning legislation to control health care costs. Compare and contrast Freire’s approach to health education with individualistic health education model.
For this assignment, you will analyze an Episodic note case study that describes abnormal findings in patients seen in a clinical setting. You will consider what history should be collected from the patients, as well as which physical exams and diagnostic tests should be conducted. You will also formulate at least 5 differential diagnosis with several possible conditions. Please remember to pretend that this is an actual patient and gives as much detail as possible!
Subjective: • CC: “I have bumps on my bottom that I want to have checked out.”
• HPI: AB, a 21-year-old WF college student reports to your clinic with external bumps on her genital area. She states the bumps are painless and feel rough. She states she is sexually active and has had more than one partner during the past year. Her initial sexual contact occurred at age 18. She reports no abnormal vaginal discharge. She is unsure how long the bumps have been there but noticed them about a week ago. Her last Pap smear exam was 3 years ago, and no dysplasia was found; the exam results were normal. She reports one sexually transmitted infection (chlamydia) about 2 years ago. She completed the treatment for chlamydia as prescribed.
• PMH: Asthma
•Medications: Symbicort 160/4.5mcg
•FH: No hx of breast or cervical cancer, Father hx HTN, Mother hx HTN, GERD •Social: Denies tobacco use; occasional etoh, married, 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys)
Objective: • VS: Temp 98.6; BP 120/86; RR 16; P 92; HT 5’10”; WT 169lbs
•Heart: RRR, no murmurs
• Lungs: CTA, chest wall symmetrical
• Genital: Normal female hair pattern distribution; no masses or swelling. Urethral meatus intact without erythema or discharge. Perineum intact. Vaginal mucosa pink and moist with rugae present, pos for firm, round, small, painless ulcer noted on external labia
• Abd: soft, normoactive bowel sounds, neg rebound, neg murphy’s, negMcBurney
•Diagnostics: HSV specimen obtained
Assessment: • Chancre
Ball, J. W., Dains, J. E., Flynn, J. A., Solomon, B. S., & Stewart, R. W. (2019). Seidel’s guide to physical examination: An interprofessional approach (9th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Mosby.
· Chapter 17, “Breasts and Axillae”
This chapter focuses on examining the breasts and axillae. The authors describe the examination procedures and the anatomy and physiology of breasts.
· Chapter 19, “Female Genitalia”
In this chapter, the authors explain how to conduct an examination of female genitalia. The chapter also describes the form and function of female genitalia.
· Chapter 20, “Male Genitalia”
The authors explain the biology of the penis, testicles, epididymides, scrotum, prostate gland, and seminal vesicles. Additionally, the chapter explains how to perform an exam of these areas.
· Chapter 21, “Anus, Rectum, and Prostate”
This chapter focuses on performing an exam of the anus, rectum, and prostate. The authors also explain the anatomy and physiology of the anus, rectum, and prostate.
Dains, J. E., Baumann, L. C., & Scheibel, P. (2019). Advanced health assessment and clinical diagnosis in primary care (6th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Mosby.
Credit Line: Advanced Health Assessment and Clinical Diagnosis in Primary Care, 6th Edition by Dains, J.E., Baumann, L. C., & Scheibel, P. Copyright 2019 by Mosby. Reprinted by permission of Mosby via the Copyright Clearance Center.
Chapter 5, “Amenorrhea”
Amenorrhea, or the absence of menstruation, is the focus of this chapter. The authors include key questions to ask patients when taking histories and explain what to look for in the physical exam.
Chapter 6, “Breast Lumps and Nipple Discharge”
This chapter focuses on the important topic of breast lumps and nipple discharge. Because breast cancer is the most common type of cancer in women, it is important to get an accurate diagnosis. Information in the chapter includes key questions to ask and what to look for in the physical exam.
Chapter 7, “Breast Pain”
Determining the cause of breast pain can be difficult. This chapter examines how to determine the likely cause of the pain through diagnostic tests, physical examination, and careful analysis of a patient’s health history.
Chapter 27, “Penile Discharge”
The focus of this chapter is on how to diagnose the causes of penile discharge. The authors include specific questions to ask when gathering a patient’s history to narrow down the likely diagnosis. They also give advice on performing a focused physical exam.
Chapter 36, “Vaginal Bleeding”
In this chapter, the causes of vaginal bleeding are explored. The authors focus on symptoms outside the regular menstrual cycle. The authors discuss key questions to ask the patient as well as specific physical examination procedures and laboratory studies that may be useful in reaching a diagnosis.
Chapter 37, “Vaginal Discharge and Itching”
This chapter examines the process of identifying causes of vaginal discharge and itching. The authors include questions on the characteristics of the discharge, the possibility of the issues being the result of a sexually transmitted infection, and how often the discharge occurs. A chart highlights potential diagnoses based on patient history, physical findings, and diagnostic studies.
Sullivan, D. D. (2019). Guide to clinical documentation (3rd ed.). Philadelphia, PA: F. A. Davis.
· Chapter 3, “SOAP Notes” (Previously read in Week 8)
Cucci, E., Santoro, A., DiGesu, C., DiCerce, R., & Sallustio, G. (2015). Sclerosing adenosis of the breast: Report of two cases and review of the literature. Polish Journal of Radiology, 80, 122–127. doi:10.12659/PJR.892706. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4356184/
Sabbagh , C., Mauvis, F., Vecten, A., Ainseba, N., Cosse, C., Diouf, M., & Regimbeau, J. M. (2014). What is the best position for analyzing the lower and middle rectum and sphincter function in a digital rectal examination? A randomized, controlled study in men. Digestive and Liver Disease, 46(12), 1082–1085. doi:10.1016/j.dld.2014.08.045
Westhoff , C. L., Jones, H. E., & Guiahi, M. (2011). Do new guidelines and technology make the routine pelvic examination obsolete? Journal of Women’s Health, 20(1), 5–10.
This article describes the benefits of new technology and guidelines for pelvic exams. The authors also detail which guidelines and technology may become obsolete.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2019). Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/std/#
This section of the CDC website provides a range of information on sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). The website includes reports on STDs, related projects and initiatives, treatment information, and program tools.
Part 2: Objective information:
Fetal heart tones are 130, with minimal variability
Vaginal exam is 4 cm/90%effaced/ -1 station
She is complaining of pain – 8/10 on a numerical scale.
An IV has been started with an 18 gauge catheter with 1 liter of Lactated Ringers at 150 ml per hr in left forearm.How can you provide non pharmacological comfort to this patient?
What are the pharmacological methods to use?
Without prenatal records or history GBS is unknown. What must you provide?
Contractions are 5 minutes apart and you receive an order to augment labor – what non pharmacological methods can you employ (or ask the MD to provide?)
Pitocin is ordered, please include at what rate you will start Pitocin, and how often you titrate. What equipment is needed to hang and run Pitocin IV?
Preterm Labor Management
Group B: complete Part 1 Part 1: 25 y/o presents to Labor and Delivery with complaints of uterine cramping and lower back pain. Denies any vaginal bleeding at this time. Has related history of a preterm birth at 32 weeks gestation with her last pregnancy. The baby is 3 years old now and has no developmental issues.
Her current gestational age is 30 weeks.
She is O+ and all other lab values are normal. No noted STI’s.1. Group Beta Strep is missing from the labs – most often is obtained at 35 – 37 weeks gestation.
2. Without this information it is often determined to treat the patient anyway – presumptively to protect a premature baby from the risk.
3. What other information would you like to ask her?
4. What nursing intervention will you provide?
5. What screening tests are often obtained to help determine her risk for preterm labor.
6. And if it is determined she is in preterm labor what medications may you want to use with a doctors order?
7. Please also give dose, side effects and possible result of the medication.
Please answer all questions include intext citation and 3 references
Choose a company that you have worked for or one that you currently work for to use for the analysis. If you have not worked for a company, choose one that you know some basics about. Write a needs analysis where you discuss current practices and HRIS requirements. The paper needs to be 3-4-pages (not counting the cover page and reference page) that include the following paper headings, which are denoted in all caps.
- INTRODUCTION: Explains the content that will be reviewed in the paper.
- BUSINESS ASSESSMENT: Describes the business (size, structure, etc.) and if there are unknowns, make assumptions based on typical companies from similar fields and of similar size.
- IDENTIFIED PROBLEMS: Consider the HR problems/challenges of the organizations. Make a list of HR functions that you believe could be more efficient based on your own experience. Make assumptions if needed. Choose one HR function for analysis.
- HRIS NEEDS ANALYSIS: Review the shortfalls and challenges of the chosen area. Refer to the course reading for additional information on conducting a needs analysis. Answer the following: How might an HRIS application assist the business? What elements should the HRIS contain in order to help the company be more efficient and productive?
- CONCLUSION: End the paper with a concise summary of your findings and recommendations for next steps for the company.
- This needs to be original work, APA Format, reference page
Many leaders hesitate to show vulnerability to their team. Discuss at least one way that you could show vulnerability as a leader to your team. How could this help you connect with your team in a positive manner (See the Person Centred Nursing Framework (PC) PowerPoint link in your required reading for the week)?
In addition, what type of healthcare delivery system would you implement for your team? Discuss the rationale for your choice.
Read both of these are articles and answer these following questions in essay form
Intro,body,conclusion ..3 pages long double spaced 12 inch font
1.What do you think of the way the end of life situation was handled by each of these two families?
2How would you describe the difference between these two situations?
3.What ethical dilemmas are raised by the way the families handled the patientâ€™s care?
4.do you think the patients rightâ€™s were abused in either case?
5.Being as objective as possible, if you had the final decision in these cases ,what do you think would be the best decision and why?
Using this article http://www4.ncsu.edu/~leila/documents/DrakeonRhys.pdf
examine history and race as it is potrayed in Wide Sargasso Sea, which is in the article.The kingdom of this world byAlejo Carpentier and The Farming bones by Edwidge Danticat.
5 full pages double spaced..times new roman 12 inch font 1inch margins with a work cited page MLA format ….you must have at least 2 quotes from each of your texts two from article,two from wide sargasso sea,two from carpentier,two from Danticat
Police Subculture And Racial Profiling (Level I Subheading)
â€¢ Provide background information about police subculture
â€¢ Describe what is meant by discretion? Examples?
â€¢ Describe what is meant by the use of force? Examples?
â€¢ Provide background information about racial profiling-Provide examples of racial profiling from the research literature.
Ethics and Moral in Criminal Policing (Level 1 subheading)
â€¢ Describe the ethical dimensions of racial profiling –
â€¢ Describe the moral dimensions of racial profiling
â€¢ Provide a brief discussion/ definitions for normative ethics, consequentialism, deontology, and virtue ethics.
â€¢ Explain how EACH concept relates to racial profiling.
â€¢ Include examples associated with police subculture, discretion, and the use of force.
â€¢ Include relevant examples from the literature to support ethical dimensions of racial profiling associated with police culture, discretion, and the use of force.
Understanding Relevant Terminology (Level I Subheading)
â€¢ Provide definitions for stereotyping, prejudice, and discrimination.
â€¢ HOW do people judge others ( Be specific and integrate the above terminology about stereotyping prejudice and discrimination);
â€¢ WHY do people judge others? ( be specific and integrate the above terminology about stereotyping prejudice and discrimination)
Conclusion (Level I Subheading)
Be sure that you summarize the key concepts of the paper.
In 2-4 paragraphs
You are a probation officer and have a client, John Smith, who is a registered sex offender. One of the obligations of a probationer is to keep in close contact with his probation officer. This particular probationer failed to do that for a period of 4 months. You later found that John was involved with a woman who has three children, ages 6, 9, and 14. You felt compelled to contact this woman and find out whether she knew why John was on probation. During the conversation, she was appreciative that you had concerns but explained that John told her that he was involved with a 16-year-old, but that the girl had lied to him about her age. She said his conviction was the fault of the girl’s parents, who convinced the daughter to press charges as a way to keep him away from her. She said it was not a big deal because the girl lied to John about her age. You want to tell her about John’s past of being involved with molesting two girls, ages 4 and 7.
Analyze this scenario, and discuss the following:
- What is the most ethical way to handle this situation?
- What are some unethical decisions one could make in this case?
- Making sure to uphold ethical and moral values/concepts, what other options do you have in this situation?
Apply ethical and moral concepts to your decision-making process in 2â€“4 paragraphs, and cite all sources in proper APA format. When commenting on your classmates’ posts, consider the way they propose to handle the situation, and compare this to how you would handle the situation. Were there similarities/differences in your decision-making processes?