Please let me know what you think.
Unit 7: Music – Discussion
Ready for a virtual field trip? Follow this link to Austin City Limits: http://acltv.com/
Source: Austin City Limits. Retrieved from http://video.pbs.org/program/austin-city-limits/
Choose two artists that you have not heard before, then watch and listen to their featured songs.
Begin your post by providing the name of the two artists and the two songs to which you listened. Provide the links as well to both artist selections in your response; include APA formatting.
Next, one at a time, describe each selection, and answer the following questions for each.
- What is the performance like? What style of music did the artists perform?
- How do the musicians act?
- Does the music impact you?
- Does it resemble music you listen to regularly? Why or why not?
Unit 7: Music – Seminar
This week’s reading refers to many standard-bearers of music: the people and groups you readily associate with a particular genre. In Seminar, you will discuss some of the genres and their standard bearers.
- In your own words, how can you best define folk, ragtime, jazz, rock, pop, and hip hop music? Have they influenced each other or do they seem distinct?
- Who do you see as being the new standard bearers in different genres? Why do you believe they achieve this status?
- What do the standard bearers communicate about the time, place, culture, influences, and circumstances that lead to these musical expressions?
Write a 600-800 word essay on the following question. Essays are to be completed only inline in the box below. Your essay must include an introduction—stating what you intend to discuss—and then provide as much evidence as necessary in clear, lucid English prose.
A number of organizations exist to define information security standards. Explain the importance of standards organizations with regard to both information systems and information systems security. Provide a rationale for your response.
Determine two (2) specific concerns that you believe exist for cloud deployments, and ascertain whether or not data breaches, such as the Snowden Incident have heightened concerns. Justify your answer
Need some help on Principles of Microeconomics.
The following are the questions I need help in. NEED IN 4 HOURS.
19. In order to produce 100 pairs of oven gloves, Marcia incurs an average cost of $2.50 per pair. Marcia’s marginal cost is constant at $10.00 for every pair of oven gloves produced. The total cost to produce 50 pairs of oven gloves is.
16. In a free market economy, firms operating in a perfectly competitive industry are said to have only one major choice to make. Which of the following correctly sets out that choice?
A) What quantity of labor is needed
B) What quantity to produce
C) What price to charge
D) What quality to produce
11. Why would labor be treated as a variable cost?
A) Labor costs are an input cost that firms are unable to change in the short run
B) Producing larger quantities of a good or service generally requires more workers
C) They are costs incurred in the act of producing that will decrease with quantity produced
D) They are made before production starts and vary according to the specific line of business
8. The government distributes food stamps that can only be used to acquire food to low-income families. The budget line graph will show food on the horizontal axis and everything else on the vertical axis. After receiving food stamps, Ted’s family is able to consume the same amount of food. The new consumption point for Ted’s family will be:
A) on the new budget line, directly to the right of the old consumption point
B) on the new budget line, directly above the old consumption point
C) on the new budget line, above and to the right of the old consumption point
D) remain precisely the same as the old consumption point
7. In May and June, Tammy spent all her clothing budget on bathing suits and beach bags. Each bathing suit cost $75. At Tammy’s optimal choice, her marginal utility from the last bathing suit purchased is 300 and her marginal utility from the last beach bag purchased is 200. This means that each handbag must cost:
5. When economists attempt to predict the spending patterns of U.S. households, they will typically view the __________________________ as a primary determining factor that influences the individual consumption choices that each will make.
A) National average spending level
B) National average savings level
C) Income level of each household
D) Nation’s perennial political debate
26. In a monopolistic competitive industry, firs can try to differentiate their products by
A) enhancing product’s physical aspects and all of the above
B) choosing optimal locations from which the product is sold
C) creating optimal perceptions of the product
D) enhancing the intangible aspects of the product
25. If a firm holds a pure monopoly in the market and is able to sell 4 units of output at $2.00 per unit and 5 units of output at $1.75 per unit, it will produce and sell the fifth unit if its marginal cost is
A) $1.00 or less
B) $0.75 or less
C) $1,75 or less
D) $2.00 or less
23. If monopolists are able to produce fewer goods and sell them at a higher price than they could under perfect competition, the result will be
A) government deregulation
B) abnormally high sustained profits
C) irregularly high unsustainable profits
D) elimination of barriers to entry
22. What qualities would ideally suit a monopolistic firm with regard to barriers to entry?
A) Government rules on prices, quantities, or conditions of entry in an industry
B) A few impediments to limit new firms from operating and expanding within the market
C) Government regulations that provide no barriers to entry, exit, or competition
D) Sufficient strength to prevent or discourage potential competitors from entering the market
Due on friday Morning
Assignment 2: Developing a Strategic Approach
Due Week 7 and worth 300 points
For this assignment, continue your role as the administrator of the organization you created for Assignment 1.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
1. Create a mission and vision statement for your organization. Determine three (3) specific strategic goals that align with the ideals in those two (2) statements.
2. Recommend one (1) specific adaptive strategy or combination of adaptive strategies that would be most effective in ensuring that the organization achieves its strategic goals. Support your recommendation with examples of the successful application of the recommended strategy or strategies.
3. Outline three (3) service delivery and three (3) support components that will be necessary elements of the organization’s value chain geared toward achieving the strategic goals that you identified. Examine, in detail, the main reasons why the delivery and support components of the value chain that you identified are essential to the achievement of the organization’s goals.
4. Suggest one (1) specific approach to maintaining the selected adaptive strategy or strategies in order to ensure that the organization achieves its mission and vision.
5. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites to not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Differentiate between strategic management, strategic thinking, strategic planning, and managing strategic momentum.
- Examine the organizational value chain, including the components of the service delivery and support activities.
- Analyze the roles of and the relationships among organizational mission, vision, values, and strategic goals, and why they are called directional strategies.
- Apply analytic skills to define strategic problems, generate and evaluate strategic alternatives, and develop implementation tactics.
- Examine the nature of directional, adaptive, market entry, and competitive strategies.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in the strategic management of health care organizations.
- Write clearly and concisely about strategic management of health care organizations using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.
Assignment 2: Developing a Strategic Approach
Please write four full paragraphs responding to the following (one paragraph for each question):
- How do you see Native Aesthetics represented in Rabbit Proof Fence? Engage one of our articles with this question.
- What is a common theme or trope in each of these films with respect to colonialism and the Indigenous experience?
- Where do you see an “attitude of relationship” in these films?
- How is Ikwe a Native film?
- Larson, S. (1991). Native American Aesthetics: An attitude of relationship. Melus, 17(3), 53.
- Hopkins, C. (2006). Making Things Our Own: The Indigenous Aesthetic in Digital Storytelling,Leonardo, 39(4), 341-344.
- (May be viewed here) Bailey, Norma (Director). (1986). Ikwe: Daughters of the Country. Canada: National Film Board of Canada.
- (May be viewed here) Noyce, Philip (Director). (2002). Rabbit Proof Fence. Rumbalara Films: New Zealand.
- (Streaming on Netflix) Wacks, Jonathan (Director). (1989). Powwow Highway. Anchor Bay Entertainment: USA.
Intrusion Detection and Incident Response
2 page paper APA format
Situation: You work for a large data processing organization. You are the network security administrator for the organization’s LAN. The LAN is comprised of 5 SQL-servers, 2 domain controllers and several data storage servers. 3 months ago, some private consultants and you put a IPS in place to secure the LAN. Lately you have noticed a large number of false positives being generated and logged. When the consultants left they mentioned all alerts are being logged and quickly discussed all the rules they put in place.
Evaluate this situation in terms of how to best fine tune your IPS. In a 2-3 page, APA formatted paper describe what you feel could be the problems causing these false alarms. Next, describe the steps you would go through to test your ideas on what the problem could be and find an answer/corrective measure for each potential problem you identified.